Thread: OfficeJet Pro8500 scans at huge size- how control?

OfficeJet Pro8500 scans at huge size- how control?

Hi, I am using HP Photosmart Studio, click Explore, get HP Scan Pro-question first title, the destination is automatically scanned as jpeg preliminary. Once the scan is complete prelimminary as jpeg, I have to change to "Adobe PDF Reader '(I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro). Also click on" adjust "in the upper right corner and depending on the size, exploration is in 8-1/2 x 11, click OK. Parses a PDF file that appears in the HP Photosmart Studio scanner's output. When I click it open in the preview autonmatically, (do not know how to control the shape of to open in Adobe). This is an enormous Mb file, and if I click on "inspector" in the preview that says sizes are 23. There is also a way to scan multiple pages into a PDF using the plate glass (not supply) or do I have to combine the pages later in Acrobat?

Re: OfficeJet Pro8500 scans at huge size- how control?

This article suggests two ways to control scans. Have you tried the way of the HP utility? In this flow, the scanning parameters set in the Task Manager exploration scanning options. It is always a good idea to have the latest version of OS installed, too - that is available. Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself, not HP.

Can someone please answer my last post? The 01.11 to 01.12 special check the weather seems to be over, but my problem was not recommended resolved.The reinstalled software (Net HP) does not contain the features claimed that are needed to solve the problem (the 'Scan Settings / Manager droppings tasks "that had instructions)

I would try the road Photosmart Studio for your scanned file in pdf.
    • Click the HP Photosmart Studio icon in the Dock. HP Photosmart Studio opens.
    • Click the scan button
    • Select your HP product in the list the name of the device, if necessary, then click Continue.
    • From the Scan Profiles screen, click on images or documents
    • Click Profile Settings, and then adjust the settings of the catch, setting and Page Options (for documents) or increase (for images) tabs as appropriate. You can choose a resolution that the file is no larger than necessary for the content ...
    • To save these settings as a custom scan profile to be used in the future, follow these steps:
    • Click the drop-down list to the left of the profile settings, then click Duplicate selected profileType a name for the profile in the text box on the Profile icon. The new low profile saves custom profiles.
    • Click Scan.
    • When prompted, select Yes or No to add another page to scan. The scan preview opens.
    • When you are satisfied with the preview scan, click back to close the preview and save the scan.
    • Type a name for the analysis in the table.
    • Click the Format drop-down list, select the file format you want and click Save.

Not to be rude, but I have the same problem ehutton. I understand what you are saying, however I can scan the pages 30-40 in a PDF at a time and do it the way you are suggesting is ridiculous. What I've been doing is going to the HP Device Manager, putting my stack of paper into the ADF. Click Scan to PDF. However, even with resolution set to 150 still has a pdf of 17 "x24". with a setting of black and white 1 bit. If I make 72 the pdf of the UN is legible. How I can scan easily and efficiently on multiple pages in a PDF and PDF 8.5 x 11 and legibly ...

Thanks for any response you can give. I understand what you are saying, however, I can scan the pages 30-40 in a PDF at a time and do it the way you are suggesting is ridiculous. What I've been doing is going to the HP Device Manager, putting my stack in the ADF. Click Scan to PDF. However, even with resolution set to 150 still has a pdf of 17 "x24". with a setting of black and white 1 bit. If I do 72 of the pdf of the UN is legible. How I can scan easily and efficiently on multiple pages in a PDF and PDF and readable 8.5 x 11

I was also facing the same problem, and I am getting that what you want to say. Also when I was trying to scan some photos but it scans at the large amount. Currently I am using the HP Photosmart Studio and also when I click at explore and after that I get an question over there that is “destination is automatically scanned as jpeg preliminary” that was my problem also but after following the above steps I get out of my problem. Once the scanning is completed, I can change the JPEG format using the Adobe Acrobat Pro. If your are still facing the same problem then try to solve your issue by following the above steps.