Thread: HP Photosmart C7280 error: The specified service does not exist as an installed service

HP Photosmart C7280 error: The specified service does not exist as an installed service

All, I have a C7280 AIO printer that is connected wirelessly to my router. I have a PC cable (Vista) and laptop (XP) connected to the router as well. I have no print issue of PC. However, when I try to install the driver on the laptop I get an error just after asking me if it is a USB or a network printer. I choose the network and the error appears that says "The specified service does not exist as an installed service." I can do ping the printer from the laptop, so I know I can "see." I do not know what to do. I uninstalled / reinstalled several times without success. Can anyone help? Thank you.

Re: HP Photosmart C7280 error: The specified service does not exist as an installed service

For this I will suggest you to Right click on My Computer>Manage, after this I will suggest you to click on the services on the left. After this look at the for a service named HP Network Device Support or anything starting with 'HP Network’ are you find any service like this?

Re: HP Photosmart C7280 error: The specified service does not exist as an installed service

Hey I don’t have any service named any thing like you suggested me. At that place I found only service that i have beginning with hp is hpqcxs08. I would like to know that is HP network service a service I should have on my machine regardless? Because I think that the installation will not make it all working.

The service that the error message is referring to is the HP Network Devices Support service. I will suggest to follow these steps:
    Open the contents of the installation CD and open the 'setup' folder. Now you will find a folder called 'netdevicemanager' or simply 'Red'. Opening what is present there. You should now have a file with the same name as the folder, but with the extension. Msi. Right click on this file and click Uninstall. If you receive a message saying that the action applies only to products that are installed, then click OK. restart the computer if necessary. Now right click on the same file and click Install. The facility does not normally show a "success" of the window. You just see a progress bar for a few seconds and disappear. Once this happens, restart the PC and check if the HP network devices or similar service has appeared on the list of services. If so, reinstall the software, and must be installed correctly.

Thanks dude, this worked for me, and something others should note. I found that there are two driver listed with the same date for the C7280. Both are basic driver and the full feature driver. And in this case I think that . It should be noted that they have DIFFERENT netdevicemanager versions. I am not able to install the basic driver netdevicemanager until I uninstalled the full feature netdevicemanager, and thanks for your reply again. After reinstalling it, software recognize the printer and installed the software, and everything looks golden. But still I am not getting the test page printed. I think that It just sits in the print queue as "printing". And it will work that cause the issue in the wireless area and mark this issue as successfully solved.

Hi all, I am also having the same problem as posted over here. After reading about solution I tried with that and However, when I get to the installation CD and try to uninstall the net device manager, I get an error message that says "This installation package is not supported by this processor type. And also I am running on the windows XP. Any more suggestion will be great in this case. Please help us. And thanks for your suggestion.

I have tried that, and still over there also I am getting error that “This action is only valid for products that are currently installed.” This error message is same as the error message that I am getting at the starting. I'm unusual out with both files. But thanks for your reply.

I was facing the problem that was my printer HP Photosmart C7280 is giving an error as : “The specified service does not exist as an installed service” but after following your recommendation I am now able to solve that problem. The suggestion was:
    Right click on My Computer>Manage, after this I will suggest you to click on the services on the left. After this look at the for a service named HP Network Device Support or anything starting with 'HP Network’ are you find any service like this.
    Thanks for this reply. This worked for me.