Thread: Getting error message about installing Black Cartridge on HP LaserJet M1522nf

Getting error message about installing Black Cartridge on HP LaserJet M1522nf

I have a HP LaserJet M1522nf and am getting an error inform stating "Install black cartridge", granted that I have installed a unique cartridge. I have attempted 3 new cartridges and still get the same failure. I am right now utilizing this printer on a Windows Vista Home Basic operating system. The present cartridge I am attempting is a LD Products CB436A.This has been going on for months and we're utilizing it as a feature of our office framework. Every day this gets at me and I'm going to purchase another printer depending on if I could get this solved. I will relish your assistance!

Re: Getting error message about installing Black Cartridge on HP LaserJet M1522nf

I had this situation too-Here's what I found on the HP inconvenience-shooting/error message site. The bold italics that I have added, that were my situation: "Install black cartridge" No cartridge established with closed door.

Re: Getting error message about installing Black Cartridge on HP LaserJet M1522nf

Since the paper tray has been packed, it would be able to lift the toner cartridge up from its situated position, bringing about the cartridge not being caught by the MFP.
    • Just remove the toner cartridge.
    • Remove all paper from the base tray.
    • Check for any paper stick and, if found, clear it.
    • Capacity cycle the printer (play Judas on).
    • Reinstall the toner cartridge, being deliberate to verify it is situated genuinely in the MFP.
    • Reload paper in the base tray; be painstaking not to overload the tray.

I had the same "Install Black Cartridge" failure, but the situation was not similar to before. With no paper in the input tray, I had the same error, even following various capacity cycles. Created was a humble piece of paper held up in the feed roller right obsolete paper pit (no removable tray, just a removable plastic external shell). Following evacuating the strange paper, and wiping the toner off the extended black feed roller, the printer powered up ordinarily and now prints fine.