Thread: letter size doc scan got enlarged in LaserJet 3880.

letter size doc scan got enlarged in LaserJet 3880.

I bought a LaserJet 3880. But the problem with it is when I scan a document that is of letter size consequences in a page about 35 in x 45in. I have changed the resolution letter size 200dpi grayscale to other dots per inches if when I altered it to 75 dpi the page size was 23 x 30 near about. Both scan settings and toolbox have been set to letter size. I have tried surfing on the net but was of worth no use. The file size also results in a large file: one text only page will come out at 600+ kbs. This is resulting into decrease me business and I am not able to find any solution can someone helps?

Re: letter size doc scan got enlarged in LaserJet 3880.

Hey friends I am having the same problem can anyone here provide us some solution.

I had to respond to you because I had the similar trouble here at work. We freshly purchased an HP Officejet Pro 8500 printer and since then the problem is arising. I am providing here some help to you with the printing of your document, but if you want to fax it, I don't have any idea how to do that. Our faxes are being had by public and not printing appropriately since of the size of the scanned document 35.39" x 45.51". You can do one thing that is navigate to File=>Print for opening up the print dialog box press CTRL + P. Make sure the direction is the way you want it and that you are printing it on the appropriate size paper

I have had a similar problem using a new HP 309A All in one the issue I am facing The new printer 309A by solution centre version 12 increases the page size from A4 to to the size of nearly 4 times I saw the image property in adobe acrobat at 900mm by 1237mm - it changes the size by a factor of 4.166 - if you scan at any other resolution it changes the size proportionally by a multiplying factor of the scan resolution divided by 72

I am soon having this issue develop with my 8500 Wireless all-in-one. I was expecting the latest update to the HP software freshly downloaded today will be solving problem, but it did not. I have been by HP that it's all fault of the Adobe, which sounds weird. Anyone can suggest anything in this?

This problem has been solved in its entirety by HP solution centre version 13 - ring HP You can ask for the link of download if it’s not obtainable on the updated software for your picky printer.

Does the page dimensions difficulty only happens with normal pdf, or is there a problem with other type of files such as bmp, and tiff files?

Many thanks for the suggestion I have downloaded the driver patch- control center, but haven't installed yet. Meanwhile, I will let you know the workaround I found and that has worked for me: when scanning letter size docs, I scan them to tif you can sight it with windows picture and fax viewer - if multi page. It looked like that the 1st page got printed only, but look at the buttons and there is a drop down to see all the pages). When it was done, I right click on the tif file and then click on the "convert to adobe pdf" choice and there you have it, a pdf in the right size! It's more work, but at least your receiver won't get a good pdf or fax. Now, I do have adobe pro 8 installed, so I am not knowing that if you will get this option when right clicking the tif file or if adobe reader will do the trick also. Hope this helps a bit - I will try the driver update although there is no info to tell if it will work on xp.

Yeah its true that This problem has been solved by using HP solution centre version 13.Afraid not. The model I just bought Photosmart Plus B209a scans an 8½x11 page of text at 33x42.78 inches, with the file size produced was of 98k. The machine was coming with the version of solution center being 13. I just had looked for some of the update and that’s working fine now.

But when I start the scan from Acrobat 8 Standard, I get a 43k file with the correct page size. And in both the cases Resolution is 300 dpi. No biggie, since I only require to do the irregular flatbed scan. But scanning from this machine's touch screen would surely be more suitable. To previous posters who have explained themselves as volume scanners, get a Fujitsu Scan snap.