Thread: in HP Pavillion dv6-1378nr, keypad is not working.

in HP Pavillion dv6-1378nr, keypad is not working.

Hey all, I am using the HP Pavillion dv6 pc notebook. From the last few months still now I had never get any problem before it, but now I am facing some problem with it. The problem id that I am not able to use the numeric keypad in it. On my laptop the numeric keypad is locked by some reason. Can any one help me in this case?

Re: in HP Pavillion dv6-1378nr, keypad is not working.

I think that you cannot type the numbers directly in it so I will suggest you to reply me back that in which software you are getting this problem. If you are using the windows 7 and you are facing the same problem then I will suggest you to repair your windows using the windows 7 CD. You can also use the numbers on the top of the key board only.

Ok fine, but I think that you can not type numbers directly on windows desktop with any keyboard. So again I am telling you that reply me back that which program you are trying with it? I think that it would be something like the Word, or Excell, or Open Office. Or it will also happens that you are renaming the icons of the desktop like icons, shortcuts or some files, residing on the desktop, so I need to know that what you are exactly doing over there. till now I didn't get anithing on my mail too - probably just filtered out..

Hey, in this case I will recommend you to just make sure that your mouse keys are NOT turned on. I am saying this thing because I was also having the same problem and for this I replaced my keyboard for 3 times. If your are currently using the windows 7.