Thread: X58A-GD65 performing slow onto SATA 3

X58A-GD65 performing slow onto SATA 3

I purchased a X58A-GD65 motherboard through a Intel 510 120GB SSD linked with the SATA 3 port, having this kind of configuration I am getting the reading speed as 180MB per sec and Writing speed as 80 MB / sec . but in case when I attaches it to SATA 2 I am getting both the speed fast as compare to SATA 3 that is for Reading I am getting 280MB per s and Writing 210MB per s Which shows that the drive is good since it increase speed with SATA 2 but it does not perform well while I connect the SATA 3.what is the problem guys please help ???

Re: X58A-GD65 performing slow onto SATA 3

I think you are using Marvell SATA III driver when you checked your hard drive speed. When I perform the test of Marvell controller it was very low at all for that reason I step back tobasic Microsoft AHCI driver both the read/write speeds process come again to usual speed.
    according to me I will say that the majority suggested that you should use the Intel ICH10R ports as an alternative of the Marvell ports yet with SATA 6Gbps SSDs. The main stuff is that the Marvell SE9128 ia very poor performer I can say .it will work with the single SSD if you want to increase the speed performance u should remove the Marvell driver and install the generic Microsoft AHCI driver once again .

locating the AHCI with SSD turns on the NCQ, some of which is considerable. I am sure it will lead to generate a error from IDE Mode to AHCI later than the operating system is overloaded, but in your case not sure that you can leave from AHCI to IDE Mode. If it is fine to perform that, it writing speed may be improve.

even I am facing the same problem .but having with the other SSD. I have corsair force 3 120 GB and benchmarks both provides very less speeds. When I acquire to 260mb/sec with sata 2 but in case of sata 3 connections I am getting as high as 160 mb/sec which is very low at all. Even I updated my all drivers. Even I updated my BIOS and even mine intel chipset is updated. At in small amount it should perform faster in sata 2. I have sata 3 line and I am linking it with the sata 3 slot within the mobo for clearing it.

according to me what you need to do is you should go to your Device Manager with right click on My Computer and over there select the Manage from your Computer Manager here you are able to navigate into the Device Manager. Drop down the "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" press right click on Marvell controller, click on "Update Driver Software" then goto "Browse my Computer for driver software" click on the "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" take out "Show compatible hardware" if you can not see the Microsoft Driver with in the list and check it below "Microsoft". I think you are able to do this you have one more option is that is you can remove the marvell driver entirely from your system ,after that uninstall the program inplace of updated the driver.

I also got stuck with the same error along the newest Marvell driver on the MSI download page. 1.0.0.1047. I am operating with Marvell drivers as I make the system and I getting a speeds of 350MBper sec and 145MB per sec in anticipation I keep running the newest 1.0.0.1047 driver.
    for Beta driver of Marvell controller there is a new driver . it is available onto the ASUS website for the 88SE9128. I used to get BSOD with the driver earlier than this newest one . the boot procedure is tremendously particular. But there is a FW update available for Crucial SSD I wish to try them once .

I am not able to find any declare with the performance in between the both controllers on a Windows XP computer system. I have tried with operating system windows 7 , and same controllers as you have. Marvell SE9128 controller and identical Intel ICH10R controller some board, apart from manufacturer, by Marvell SE9128 controller having some kind of routine problem . The 9128 is not a entirely a good controller for SSDs. I can provide the performance of reading and writing with Crucial C300 128Gb onto Marvell Controller
    Sequential Read = 371 MB/s
    Sequential Write = 141 MB/s it is done keeping the write caching enabled and flushing of the buffer disabled

I want to know how do that accurately. I want to turn back to the oldest one I had been operating 1.0.0.1042 and I got the setup.exe. But my operating system is onto the drive that is operation the existing driver. My SSD that is attached with the SATA 3 Marvell manager port. Is it possible to simply "Uninstall" through the Control Panel and after then install the previous one. I have never done roll back of a driver, that is the reason why I am scaring that the operating system may get crash and if I am not able to restart with Windows. Is it possible to avoid to buggy 1.0.0.1047 driver and turn back to the MS AHCI driver by doing a installation If I need to utilize the MS AHCI driver then I will remove the present Marvell driver and then reboot.

I have tried the same and even I tried using a Windows XP bootable compact disc actually that does not require any kind of special drivers for that entirely , but the usual MS AHCI Driver. So according to you the SATA 3 port onto this motherboard is not performing good enough. But what about the ASUS and rest of company . are they having the similar kind of controller . I want to is there is good solution for it. I want to go with SATA 3 … one of my friend suggested me get "latancy" in case to for a pci-e controller.