Thread: Nikon coolscan LS-10E scanner drivers for windows 7

Nikon coolscan LS-10E scanner drivers for windows 7

I have just bought a Nikon CoolScan LS-10E 35mm slide scanner. It is predictable to be a SCSI attached gadget. I think this came out while at some point during the Windows 95 days. There are multiple PCs with Windows 2000, Window XP as well as Windows 7 to work with. I would actually like to make use of it through the Windows 7 except I am not certain it will be achievable otherwise cost worth to renovate USB toward SCSI. I do encompass a SCSI card I installed on top of Windows 2000 system except I presume I want to locate drivers for that since it doesn't appear my system accepted the hardware automatically. Right now I am looking for CoolScan drivers online. Is it still an option to obtain this thing functioning on a Windows 2000, XP otherwise Win7 system?

Re: Nikon coolscan LS-10E scanner drivers for windows 7

While Microsoft is today officially launched its new operating system, many manufacturers are finally information on the compatibility of their products with it. Nikon, for example, offers some details about its compact and SLR cameras, scanners and slide for most of its software.

As you know, today's Windows 7 is available for the mass market and every desktop computer or laptop is purchased will come loaded with this new operating system, with the exception of some netbooks will continue to use XP.

Nikon has wasted no time and released a few days ago a notice of support from their digital cameras, scanners and software products with the new Windows 7. Currently testing the compatibility, including the Nikon Scan 4 of the following models:
    • SUPER COOLSCAN 9000ED, 8000ED, 5000ED, 4000ED,
    • COOLSCAN V ED
    • COOLSCAN IV ED.

Be aware that Nikon Scan version 4.0.3 is now to emerge and provides full compatibility with Windows Vista. This is a full version of Nikon Scan which requires uninstalling the 4.x versions you would have possibly already installed. Note that only Windows Vista 32 bit is supported in this version 4.0.3, systems Windows 9X, 2000 and XP are not supported. Moreover, in addition to the Nikon Scan software, the archive also contains the USB drivers and FireWire (IEEE 1394).

Unfortunately, this scanner only at an official 32-bit operating system. Since Nikon does not plan to self-appropriate 64-bit drivers to develop, it is high time to yourself to get started.