Thread: Fan running from the first start up in Aspire One AO722

Fan running from the first start up in Aspire One AO722

Recently I have purchased my first netbook ie. Acer aspire AO722-BZ454. Well till now everything was working fine. Yesterday night I witnessed some noise coming from the laptop. The fan is running high right from the first startup. I suspect it to be the noise from fan. My system starts on and just after 1 minute the fan of the laptop starts making some weird noise. When the room is silent I can make out the noise otherwise in crowded place the noise is literally not there. The sound occurs even when the room temperature is about 60 Fahrenheit, 70 or 80. Is this a normal behavior? Actually I am thinking of putting ssd and more ram but before that I want to know what this is? My bios version is 1.01. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance. Kindly help me regarding this issue as early as possible.

Re: Fan running from the first start up in Aspire One AO722

I would like to know that is there any load on the cpu at that time. For this you can run the task manager and go to the cpu load. Check whether it is using few percent of temperatures or no. let me know in the next post about this.

I would suggest you to uninstall the software’s and any antivirus that you have recently installed. This software might have caused an increased load on the cpu. After uninstalling the software, try to reboot the system and see whether the noise is coming again or not. I hope this solves the issue. Tell me what operating system are you having? You can also try and update the bios again. Let me tell you that updating bios is a bit risky thing. Do it in presence of any expert if you don’t have much knowledge regarding it. Installing the bios again might solve the problem. I would suggest you to check the vents for any obstructions.

Try to clean up the fins as it could possibly dusty. You must also try to scan the computer for malware’s. I assume that there are some malware infections in your system. There are many anti-malware software’s available on the internet. I would suggest you to download it and scan the pc. This should solve the noise thing and fan issue.