Thread: I am not able to properly install FreeAgent GoFlex Desk dashboard

I am not able to properly install FreeAgent GoFlex Desk dashboard

I had recently installed this FreeAgent GoFlex Desk on my MacBook Pro. I had choose the MAC-only alternative. Everything comes into view to be operating usually, except with the intention of I have been not capable to install the GoFlex dashboard. Need some help here.

Re: I am not able to properly install FreeAgent GoFlex Desk dashboard

When I had endeavored to install it, the MAC dashboard come into view, other than nothing else occurs. Several advices determine to be appreciated. I position up my FreeAgent GoFlex Home network hard drive as in the commands and then installed and organize the software on my windows 7 64-bit PC OK. I was capable to have right of entrance my shares on the network hard drive for regarding 3 days/reboots and then the software congested mounting my shares as A:, B:, and C:. Consequently, when I endeavor launching Seagate Dashboard, it said it might not attach to service for the reason that it was not working. On the other hand, I was still capable to access my shares utilizing FTP OK. Ultimately, the software said it desired to install a newer description, so I let it. This newer version or description had the similar tribulations. I decided to uninstall the software, so I might re-install commencing from the CD. Subsequent to uninstalling, I become aware of that all of the program files were tranquil in C:\Program Files (x86)\Seagate, so I deleted this directory.

I then interleave the CD to begin reinstalling. At present when I do with the purpose of it says "A additional recent version or description of Seagate Dashboard has been detected on your system. The installation of the older version determine to be cancelled" so I am not capable to reinstall this software. Be able to somebody please give me a hint regarding what to do.

The Dashboard software is not well-matched through the Mac OS. The Memeo backup effectiveness be able to be utilized, or you be able to run Time Machine. To acquire the Memeo backup software you be able to contact us. Just presently be convinced to give them your drive serial number and shipping address. They determine to necessitate the concluding for verification purposes, for the reason that the software has export limitations on it. Out of those two, Time apparatus is definitely the superior utility to utilize for this, although. This explains my predicament. Seems similar to this Dashboard incompatibility by means of MAC OS be supposed to be published upfront. I am utilizing Time Machine.

Recently, I selected up a decorously price 2TB External GoFlex Desk drive at Costco to enhancement the storage in my Buffalo NAS server.

Thinking it was just presently a standard external USB drive, I reformatted the complete drive to Ext3 blowing missing the entire the bundled software restricted on the drive. The innovative drive associated extremely well and was be familiar with by the Buffalo server and the entire was superior. In anticipation of the GoFlex Desk drive went into sleep mode. Giving the impression of being approximately on various discussion, I perceive with the intention of the spin down thing is a common linux criticism and with the purpose of it be able to be remedied by utilizing the Seagate Dashboard and setting the sleep mode to by no means. Therefore, commencing from side to side seagate Tech Support, I get hold of the Seagate Dashboard software, inaugurated it on a Windows 7 machine.

I be able to observe the drive is recognized by Windows when I attach via USB other than the Dashboard software is not recognizing the drive. Several suggestions on how to acquire the Dashboard software to be familiar with the drive to permit setting the drive sleep mode to never.

I really necessitate a number of assist so optimistically I am in the right place if this seems long-winded other than I am endeavoring to convey as much information in sequence to attempt assist anybody. Anyway I recently purchased a Free Agent GoFlex Home 2tb drive to utilize as a storage area to be accessed by my Mac and my system. My problem is through the setting up.

The whole thing seemed to be going enormous the PC firewall asked me if I required to unblock correlations commencing from seagate which I did. Then as fraction of the procedure I had to propose a username/account so I might access the drive remotely. I established an error message the length of the lines of 'GoFlex Home is not capable to attach to Seagateshare dot com'. I tried the entire in excess off again a small number of times other than tranquil no joy and this procedure seemed to create my internet correlation sluggish down. I then tried re-installing other than the similar thing 'unable to attach to seagateshare dot com'. The dashboard program unsuccessful to recognize with the intention of the drive was on the network in addition and said to facilitate I needed to connect the apparatus.

In this, I had spent regarding an hour resetting the drive and resetting my router endeavoring to acquire it sorted and installed other than no joy. The strange thing was by utilizing the CMD prompt and pinging seagateshare dot com I sent out 4 packets and conventional 4 packets of information in sequence in 110ms so I not be able to understand why I cannot attach via the installer program.

In aggravation, I thought I might endeavor the trusty Mac certainly this might not fail me other than unfortunately the similar thing occurred. Failed to attach to seagateshare. My Mac firewall was position to receive the entire incoming correlations in addition. Last resort I consideration I would endeavor installing the entire in excess off again this morning on my mac previous to badgering the discussion. Had a appear at a number of the alternatives on the install disc and there was a reset alternative. Thought I might make sure the PC also and there was a drive on my network in addition something the length of the lines of Upnp Goflex sorry not additional specific.

The users who had the similar predicament as I did were told this by a vendor had this drive replaced and it run extremely well. Is this the case is there a corrupt batch out there. Just presently a simple yes no please commencing from anybody who has an idea. So I be able to return it if this is the case. The suggestion of being sat at a PC for the 3rd night in a row attempting to acquire it working is not appealing.

When I accomplish the fraction of the installation where it asks you to name, the GoflexHome so you be able to log into it I acquire the error message Not capable to attach to central server' and I not be able to set up an account. If I constantly endeavor this step it does not run and then subsequent to a at the same time as it says unable to attach to apparatus. How might I acquire into the GoFlex Home utilizing a web browser. I am perplexed. I be able to observe 3 Goflex drives on my network. I take for granted these are the GoFlex Home Public, GoFlex Home Personal and GoFlex Home Backup although they are not labeled as such.