Thread: Want to upgrade the fans in Dell XPS 420

Want to upgrade the fans in Dell XPS 420

Want to buy a brand CPU fans for my Dell XPS 420 I am using CPU Q9550. It already has the fan on the board and at the bottom of the of my cabinet but I still fill its inadequate so I am planning to put the little more stronger fan then that I currently have in my dell XPS . is that fans are propriety fits on its casing or there is any other good brand that make the stronger fans that can fit in the Dell XPS 420 guys needed help on this please give me the solution

Re: Want to upgrade the fans in Dell XPS 420

I guess you will be disappoint to hear this but for what I have experienced you cannot change the fans in the xps 420 I also have the same model and like you I was also thinking to change my CPU fans as I was not satisfied with its performance and when I did this the system start to shut down with the fan failure error it was not detecting the new fans in the system . my guess is its cannot detect the stander fans other then what comes with cabinet

See the Electrical Specifications are the proprietary in dell XPS 420 but the mechanical Specifications is not it’s just the dells fans are not wired like the regular fans .

I don’t have any problem with the fans as yet but I can suggest you another ways that you can use just use the power adapter for the new fans and you can fit the fan in the dell plastic casing just bring the appropriate sized fan

I don’t understand why would you like to change the fans on the first place it doesn’t mean if the only power full fans can keep cool the CPU that fans which come whit the dell XPS 420 is the company specified fans and will definitely suit your pc or they won’t be there at all . You dint mention any problem with your pc so I am guessing it’s only you who is not happy whit the fan not you computer. Just don’t mess around whit the hardware until it is very much important to do so. I am sure that you can even survive with your current fans just don’t lose your hope on the it would be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Kickapoo View Post
    I don’t understand why would you like to change the fans on the first place it doesn’t mean if the only power full fans can keep cool the CPU that fans which come whit the dell XPS 420 is the company specified fans and will definitely suit your pc or they won’t be there at all . You dint mention any problem with your pc so I am guessing it’s only you who is not happy whit the fan not you computer. Just don’t mess around whit the hardware until it is very much important to do so. I am sure that you can even survive with your current fans just don’t lose your hope on the it would be fine
    Yeah I am having no problem with my Dell XPS 420 as yet, its working fine I was just thinking for the future safety. I don’t want my pc to be crash because of heat but its look like I have to carry on with the current fan I have really hoping I there any genuine fan for Dell XPS 420 available …