Thread: My Western Digital WD1600JB Hard drive got damaged.

My Western Digital WD1600JB Hard drive got damaged.

I have a problem here. A component on my circuit board was destroyed and left my wife’s data in limbo. Most of the file had been backed up but not all of them. So I am looking for some way to recover them. The thing I did was purchase another WD1600JB and just resettles the entire circuit board, which was not successful. Can anyone suggest me the way so that I get this: WD1600JB? I want to recover my data so any help in this regard will be thankfully accepted.

re: My Western Digital WD1600JB Hard drive got damaged.

Well One place I think that will be having the solution of your problem is Western Digital You must make a try out there I think this will be resolving your issue. Just make a check.

We can never be sure of the parts salvaged from old burnt out board. You'll be better off if you contact Western Digital data revival agents. If the drive is rotating with new PCB, you can try by means of Test disk to make proper the drive errors. But as far I think the chances of that comes into action are less But you never know. If you are through with this than its ok but in other case the only thing you can do is that you will try contacting the western digital agent hopefully they will provide you with the solution.

The difficulty with the original PCB (which is already there) probably is12V TVS diode which most probably has shorted. This part sacrifices its life So that it can protect the rest of the circuitry I mean rest of the appliances. Removing it and replacing it with the only option I guess. One thing I would like to upload the picture of the shorted part so I can tell you what is the case.. Can you upload a detailed photo of the damaged board? And for your information, the chip that requires to be transferred to your donor PCB is situated at U12. It will be having a 25 in its part number, and will have 8 pins.

It seems that you are right and that is the right component. But I have removed its charred. Unfortunately I spoiled the traces on the original board when I was excluding the burnt out part component. That’s how my I feel when I was soldering the part on my PCB. I believe there is a cross on the plank in that region that I already have disconnected, I don’t want to mess with it further may be other component get damaged. I’m looking to see if I can find somebody locally with the apparatus for exterior mount work and get them to shift the chip for me, If that fails, then I definitely will have to go to the professional.

Thanks Guys I have resolved my problem and yeah a special thanks goes to Felix.