Thread: Freeagent desktop 500GB drive asking to format immediately

Freeagent desktop 500GB drive asking to format immediately

I have purchased new FreeAgent Desktop 500GB External drive recently. I don’t have any problem with the working of the product till last week but after that I faced some severe problem with it. The device cannot be detected by the system when I trying to connect it. but after 5 minutes it found by the system but then it says the drive should be formatted. Then I got the error message "The Parameters are Incorrect" and "I/O Error". I also heard the sound of spinning of the drive from the case. I also try to test it on the other system but the problem remains same. I just want my data within the product. The reason is I have my all important data in it like my all artwork and family photos and essential documents. Can anyone give me some suggestion to solve this problem? I cannot understand what to do please help me.

Re: Freeagent desktop 500GB drive asking to format immediately

I read your problem and come to know that you have serious problem. And I think this problem may be related to hardware. So here I am giving you advice that you have to use the File Recovery software for Windows. You can get it on the Seagate authenticated site. I think trial version is also sufficient for you. I don’t know how many files it can recover but you have to go for it.

I want to give you some suggestion for solving your problem. I think your problem can be easily solved by some installation of the latest software. Here I am giving you a perfect solution for your problem. you can use the MiniTool Power Data Recovery 6.5 tool for this purpose. This tool is freely available on the web so you cannot waste your money at all. I know some features of it so I can give you some information of that. this toll is use to recover formatted partition, damaged partition, lost partition, CD & DVD disk, Photos & Music, Flash Memory cards. So this tool can give you the data which is stored in that disk. Then you have to store it in the other memory storage device. In this way you can solve your problem.

I think I can give you some idea about this topic. I have some tricks which is the best solutions for your problem. Here I am giving you those tricks. First you have to try to use different known good USB cable and it has to be tightly connected to the drive. Or if this not works then you have to wiggle the connector at the drive side as per requirement. Otherwise you have to open the case itself and test the hard drive itself. This way your problem will solve definitely.

As per your description I conclude that I have some information which possibly helps you to solve the problem. this type of problem is not rare for me. New users always have this kind of queries so I know the reasons behind it. There are basically two reasons behind this problem which are as follows. The first one is your USB cable/connector at the drive side may not make any contacts to the FreeAgent drive so that’s why you cannot get the access to you device. And the other reason behind this problem is your USB connector on the bridge board which is also known as the interface board between the internal hard drive and an USB/Power port has a fault in that. I think the reason is between only this two only. so you can get the proper information why this is found in your system. I am sorry but I cannot give you some solution for that but you can get it by the web also. So try to get it.

According to me you have the best option to solve this problem which is effective and cost efficient also. You mentioned that you purchased your device recently so you definitely got the warranty or guarantee on your device. So please try to replace your device with the new product.

I want to tell you that you have hardware related problem only. so please try to open the case and recover your data. This is the only solution for you. and be careful while doing this this can cause to lose your data.