Thread: Mac OS X 10.5.7 hangs out in Seagate FreeAgent Desk

Mac OS X 10.5.7 hangs out in Seagate FreeAgent Desk

I am the user of Mac OS X 10.5.7 from last one year. I don’t have any problem with the functionality of the device till last week. Then I have purchased the new 1TB Seagate Free Agent Desk for Mac. Then I connect it via FW800. But after that I faced the problem. all application stops working and the finders are frozen. I cannot use the menu bar also. But the mouse pointer still working. This situation remains at it is till 10 seconds. After that it back to the normal. But after that system hangs again after 30 seconds. This problem stops only when I was ejecting the disk and disconnect the Fire wire cable. I search to solve this problem on the web but I did not get the proper solution for it. Can anyone give me some suggestion to solve this problem? Please help me.

Re: Mac OS X 10.5.7 hangs out in Seagate FreeAgent Desk

I don’t think the problem is related about hard disk. It is not a Seagate fault. I think the problem is in the update only.

After watching your description I want to give you some advice which may provide you some help to solve your problem. but I am not sure about the result. because I never faced this kind of error in my system. I recommend you to looking for the OS helpline. That can help you to find the resolution which is better than blaming Seagate. I think that is an update file which causing this problem rather than hardware. I think this much of information is sufficient for you. Thank you.

In case you require the software that you had erased because of some reason then you can get it from the Seagate support. For that you have to contact Seagate support by the email. Some time it cannot provide the software due to international law. So please try to contact Seagate support as soon as possible.

According to my consideration Seagate can offer a firmware update for the FreeAgent Desk for Mac OS. So you can go for it.

You have mentioned that you purchased the device recently. So I want to give you suggestion which is very simple and effective. I think you have warranty on your product so you can go for the replacement. This is the better option for you. For that you have to contact the Seagate support and tell them the actual fault in your system. Sometime they provide some better service for you which is also good for you. if you not get any warranty on the product then also you have to try to replace the device because this error can affect the other parts of the system so that will be much expensive for you. I hope this can give you better experience. Thank you.