Thread: Help in Seagate freeagent go flex 500 external hd test

Help in Seagate freeagent go flex 500 external hd test

I am using Seagate freeagent go flex 500 external hard drive from the last few months and now it has stoped working. I had already done the test using the seatools for indows and this get failed also. Please if you have any solution then reply me back. I want o know some advice to what i should do next.

Re: Help in Seagate freeagent go flex 500 external hd test

Hey it is looking like goner to me, I want to know that is your seatools should not give rma code so that you can return it. It could be the code that writ in red 'test code is DBCC65C3.

Hey instead of that I had i Used the red code and have now requested the return. but also will get regal send to send it bk to seagate in coventry. As the hard drive is just concerning a week or 2 old i could see if curry may replaceit as it could be more straightforward and less of a hold up. a debt of gratitude is in order regarding you serve some useful purpose

The SeaTools Test Code is the right code for RMA purposes. AFAICS, SeaTools creates the same code, in case it is the DOS or Windows form.

My comprehend is that the second final digit distinguishes the foundering test, as follows:
    xxxxxx4x - SMART Fail
    xxxxxx5x - Long Test, long LBA test
    xxxxxx6x - Short Test, short LBA test
    xxxxxxAx - Self-Service SeaTools Test Code
    xxxxxxCx - Short Generic
    xxxxxxDx - Long Generic
    xxxxxxEx - Short DST
    xxxxxxFx - Long DST

Better believe it take it back to Currys Gaz, given its experience and the record of shortcomings on it I could state its been utilized as a football at a certain point, with Currys they ought to reinstate it with an additional without inching toward getting questioned, bring the Seatools code with you moreover, you might as well be good under the 30 day administers.