Thread: Should I delete Windows Backup from my Seagate FreeAgent Desk 1 TB?

Should I delete Windows Backup from my Seagate FreeAgent Desk 1 TB?

I have purchased it so that I can move my images from my old PC to hard disk. I have been filling it for last 1 year but now suddenly it says the disk is full. But, the size of images I put is only 130GB and the rest of the disk is full. Where has it gone? I have also used to backup my Windows. Has it taken so much space? So, now should I just delete the Backup files or format the hard disk?

Re: Should I delete Windows Backup from my Seagate FreeAgent Desk 1 TB?

If you want to format the disk you can, but its better to just copy all the images on your disk and then format the disk. Formatting the disk is very quicker though. Also, can you tell me any information about the backup files? Maybe you have filled up due to the backup file only.

Yes, I have a backup folder with me just discovered, I also checked the Windows Backup Utility and it says that it has 4 backups on the hard disk and they all are some 150 GB, so I know now for sure that’s where my space is. So, why has it made 4 backups? Should I delete all the backups and total space is some 400 GBs. And how can I permanently disable the backup option to my hard disk I don’t want anymore backups on my hard disk for my Windows.

Seems the backups are old since you have been using it for long time. You can delete the old backups immediately and use the new, latest ones only. Actually backup has an option to delete the old ones once a new backup is done, you might have changed the backup options. Also, since you don’t want the backups nyways the best method is as I told you copy important files back to PC, format the disk totally and all the files will be gone. In order to stop it from backing up in future you can download Seagate manager and select the option of not to backup. It won’t backup in future and you won’t have any problem copying our files in future