Thread: Maxtor STM3500320AS hard drive cannot be accessed

Maxtor STM3500320AS hard drive cannot be accessed

Hello friends I am having Maxtor DiamondMax 22 STm3500320AS 500 GB SA and suddenly what I saw that I wasn’t able to use the hard disk and the hard disk got completely in visible and I was using the Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits and the partition was invisible and then I entered into the Ubuntu 11.03 64 bits and I was able to see the drive whats the problem can anyone tell me what’s wrong with this?

Re: Maxtor STM3500320AS hard drive cannot be accessed

The first this I would be asking that is this and slave drive or not, and if you found that is it is then just update the drivers on the c master drive. If still nothing happens then just right click on my computer and then select manage and then see if its in the section od the disk management and it is isn’t then just right click on the options and then ask it to re scan and see if it is able to detect it.
    If this is a booting drive then the chance is that you must have delayed write failure and then best cure for this would be to recover the files and then just format the computer on some other drive and then search for the recovery file and then recover your files to c drives and once it is done just clear the disk.
    You can even try the windows recovery and the windows repair option would also help you. Just try out hope you get rid of your problem.

My personal view over this would be saying that simply put the PDR over the c drive and then scan you drive and see if your files do appear and if it does then recover them to the c drive and then clear the slave drive, at this time you need to be more careful with ejecting it in the future, and I think that you must have done an unsafe removal or the had a power out suddenly that must have caused you with this.

I would be asking something which would help you for sure.
    1) Use the partition table doctor. And I don’t think there is any other better software then this for windows and I can be very sure that this would be helping you out.
    2) The next one is the GET DATA BACK by the runtime software and I am sure that this would be helping you too, and it has been a better data recovery application.

Guys I have been trying to scan the drive but the drive gets frozen up when I am trying this what to do at this time? Can you suggest me something?

Ok so if the drive is been stucking up while scanning then you may be needing to consider the freezer trick before trying to do the scanning and then you have to do it many time. And I think you should not waste the time if it haven’t been possible just get the replacement for it. Now I dint knew that this would be unable to even scan for it and try some other disc of your friend or so and make it clear that are they been detected or not and if they are just get the other one and if yes then you need to take that hard disk for repair to the service center.