Thread: Barracuda 7200.11 500Gb appears as Logical drive in vista but initially not recognized by BIOS

Barracuda 7200.11 500Gb appears as Logical drive in vista but initially not recognized by BIOS

Hello friends I have been using the Barracuda 7200.11 500gb and it is in the Vista Service Pack 2 and I have Gigabyte P35 DS3R motherboard and my bios has not been able t recognize it but it is recognized later as a logical drive, so can anyone tell me what’s the problem why is it behaving weird please help me if anyone has faced such problem then please suggest me something.

Re: Barracuda 7200.11 500Gb appears as Logical drive in vista but initially not recognized by BIOS

Ok I haven’t got this problem ever before and it is the first time I am hearing that the hard disk has been working but it is not recognized by the Bios I think there is some problem with your BIOS you need to update it with the latest firmware.

Re: Barracuda 7200.11 500Gb appears as Logical drive in vista but initially not recognized by BIOS

Your problem states that the you motherboard has a Intel ICH9R RAID controller and I think it supports 6 sats ports. This board even has a GIGABYTE SATA2 chip and this does supports 2 sata ports and it also has 1 IDE port. And one more controller know as JMB363 controller for gigabyte it is GIGABYTE GBB363 and you can even go through with its manual to get some help I think there some settings has been stated.

I think that you have to connect your device to the ports which has been labeled as GSATAII0 and GSATAII1 over your motherboard. And I hope you are doing the right connections.

What I can say over this is that can you just reassemble your hardware once again and check out that is it helping and I even think that your bios needs to be upgraded now and this would be surely helping you out because your hardware has been detected later so may be your bios is working bit slow due to some technical problem and you need to get it done up updating it.

Just flash cuda 500 to the SD1a asap if they are not there already and see if you are getting any help. And I would also ask that have you tried installing a drive 1.5gbps sata limitation jumper and see if that is giving you some clue.

I would like to give you a simple solution like you just need to ask one of your friend to give his hard disk and then try it in your system and see if that is detected by your bios and if yes then may be your new hard disk is not supportable with this bios and you may be needing to upgrade it and then you would be able to search for it. I know this is an simple solution but I can also be sure that this would be helping you because it has been helping many time changing the hardware would do the trick and can give you some clue.

Guys i updated my Bios and then what i did is i thought the problem is with my Operating system so i just formatted my system and my work was done i was able to get my normal pc back and now i am enjoying my pc again, i don't know still actually what happened with my pc and what wrong i have done with this and i don't know much stuffs to do with this what i knew perfectly is how to format the pc and how to update the bios and i did that other stuffs i don't know so i dint tired.

Anyways the main thing was to to solve my problem and it got solved by either one of them and so that means this problems can be caused by either a BIOS problem or a Operating system problem and solving them can be solving your problem so any of the guys who would be facing this problem can solve this by doing both of this attempts.