Thread: windows 7: fan control is not working in MacBook Pro 15 inch

windows 7: fan control is not working in MacBook Pro 15 inch

Recently my father gave me present on my birthday, it was the new MacBook Pro 15 inch. I am using this on windows 7 on it via bootcamp. My problem is that except all other performance, my box is running too hot. When I checked the details then I found that 75C on the GPU and 60C on the processor. My box fan Is not getting on until 80C, and also I don’t want to run my Macbook at 80C. I had reported this to Apple macbook service center and I got the reply that there is no other way to change the EFI settings. And they reported me that on windows 7 I can’t change the fan setting. Is there is any other solution to change the fan setting on windows 7?

Re: windows 7: fan control is not working in MacBook Pro 15 inch

You first need to go for the latest EFI update. Moreover, while updating you must check your model number and make sure that you are following the proper process. If you don’t have more knowledge about it then i can suggest you some steps about it.

I think that this fan problem is due to your Macbook firmware update. I will first ask you that are you using the latest firmware for your macbook. I think that this problem is related with your firmware because your fan is getting on after 80C. the only solution is to update your firmware.

Hey I think that, first 80C is not CPU max temperature, so your fan is getting on after 80C. so I think that no need to worry about that. It will not cause any harm full effect to your laptop, but if you really want to do so then try to change the current version of the firmware with the latest version. If after that still your are getting the same problem then it try to contact with the Apple to support you.

Hi again, and thanks for your reply. I am trying with your solution and still I am facing the same problem. any more solution for this. Please report me again for the same issue.

I was also facing the same problem, and when I found that I could not change the setting for Fan in windows 7, I decided to go for the new Lubbo's MacBook Pro control. It is working good for me on my MacBook Pro 15 inch. Also my box was slow before using it, but now all things are running ok. I think that you should go for the latest version and see the effect to your system temperature. In your case I think that there is problem with your fan or with your firmware update. Let me tell you that you should go for the both. First try to change your fan and if still the same problem arises then go for the firmware update. While making the firmware update, make sure that you are doing the latest update for your system.

Hey I think that, first 80C is not CPU max temperature, so your fan is getting on after 80C. so I think that no need to worry about that. It will not cause any harm full effect to your laptop, but if you really want to do so then try to change the current version of the firmware with the latest version. If after that still your are getting the same problem then it try to contact with the Apple to support you.
    hey thanks for this reply. but i think I have the latest installed. I am running 1.7. The issue is present in the current 1.7 EFI build.