Thread: DVD drive is not reading windows 7 upgrade disk. Need help

DVD drive is not reading windows 7 upgrade disk. Need help

On this afternoon, I recently brought windows 7 upgrade for my windows vista. After inserting the disk in the disk drive it is not reading the disk. I am thinking that it is due to bad disk problem. But I am getting confused that what is happening with my DVD drive. Can anyone suggest me what to do in this case?

Re: DVD drive is not reading windows 7 upgrade disk. Need help

I will recommend you to boot your Vista desktop and after that press the start button and then start the search utility. On the search box type Device Manager and then click on the device manager icon to open. The at there try to uninstall your DVD drive, after that restart your computer and it will automatically detects your DVD drive and will reinstall driver for it. Then try to reinsert the windows 7 upgrade DVD. This time it will detects the DVD. .

Hey, first try to make sure that your DVD drive is not detecting any of the DVD disk or only windows 7 upgrade DVD. If it is not detecting any of the DVD then there must be some problem with your DVD drive. I will suggest you to use the DVD drive in the safe mode of the windows Vista and see what is happening and also report me it back.

First try to upgrade your drivers and also update your firmware for it, if non of this thing helps you then I am sure that either your DVD drive is faulty or your DVD disk if faulty. Try to check your windows 7 upgrade disk on the other DVD drive to make sure that it is not corrupted. If your windows 7 upgrade disk is working then your DVD drive is faulty and need to change.

I was also suffering from the same problem, I was using windows 7 upgrade disk (both 32 & 64 bit). I have 32 bit Vista system. when I try to upgrade my system with the help of the 32 bit system it won’t read the disk and when I using 64 bit then it tell that system is not compatible. For this reason I searched on the internet and found that my disk is faulty. The same problem will might in your case also. So make sure that your are not using the faulty disk.