Thread: logitech z906 not working properly with Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5

logitech z906 not working properly with Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5

Recently I have assembled my computer. I am having GA-990FXA-UD5 motherboard. I have also purchased a brand new logitech z906 5.1 surround sound speaker system. I like listening music and so I had gone a bit out of my budget and bought this speaker set. The issue is that I am not able to get the surround sound effect. When I got o the realtek HD audio manager, it shows that I have plugged speakers into the front, rear, and center jacks. But I feel that I hear sound only from the front speakers. I don’t hear anything from the rear and side speakers. Let me tell you that I have no sound card installed. I don’t know why this is so? Kindly give me some suggestions regarding this issue.

re: logitech z906 not working properly with Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5

I have been using logitech z906 5.1 surround sound speaker from last 2 years now. Initially I also had this same problem and I was also confused. I had posted in many forums and had to wait a long time to actually get some solution to get worked out for me. I had done many things but nothing worked. Then I tried one solution. Someone told me to install the rear speaker into the side speaker slot for output. I did this and my speakers worked. So I would recommend you to do the same thing.

Have you put the wires and cables properly? I would suggest that try to swap the cables and attach it again. I think the onboard sound module is enough and you don’t need some extra drivers and all to run 5.1 speakers.

Tell me what operating system are you having? There always have been problems with windows xp. I had installed windows xp and had connected logitech z906 5.1 surround sound speakers with my system. Mine always showed that only 2 speakers are connected but actually it used to be 7 speakers connected. Install some other operating system except windows xp.

Make sure that it is not faulty one. I would say that try to replace the speakers with the new one as it is in the warranty period. In warranty period you don’t have to pay anything. Try to use this speaker with some other computer system. This will let you know that the speaker has some problem or the system

Try to consult the Logitech guys to help you out. They are the professionals and they will surely guide you properly regarding the issue. If the issue is with the motherboard then contact the hardware person to help you out. Take the motherboard or get it changed. If the problem is with speakers then contact Logitech people.