Thread: Canon iP2600 printer speed is very slow on Asus RT-N56U port

Canon iP2600 printer speed is very slow on Asus RT-N56U port

I have purchased the Canon iP2600 printer six month ago for the official reason. I don’t have any problem with the working of it till last week. But after that I faced some serious problem. actually the problem is when I try to connect my Canon iP2600 printer from my PC’s USB port to he RT-N56U's USB port for sharing it with everyone without leaving my OC 24/7. Then I see the speed of my printer become very slow. I cannot understand the reason behind it. Can anyone give me some solution to get rid of this problem? how can I improve my printer’s speed. Please help me.

re: Canon iP2600 printer speed is very slow on Asus RT-N56U port

I read your problem and come to know that I can give you some advice to solve your problem. Here I am giving you some advice. First you have to check the printer setting. Make sure that the setting is up to the mark means the rate of printing and all that. Also check the quality and speed options in that. I think this will provide you better idea to understand the main problem of your system. I wish this will work for you.

I want to know that what type of connection you are using for your system. because many of times this problem occurred due to the connection problem only. So here I am giving you some idea about that. if you have the wireless connection then you have to check the result for the wired connection. I think that give you better experience. Then you have to check that whether system is running well on the sleep mode as well as wake mode or not. It would help you if you listed the exact wireless setup on the router. then checkout for latest firmware version.

I can give you better advice for solving this kind of issues. For that first you have to run the command ipconfig /all and netsh wlan show all and then check the result. Then you have to disable the wireless adapter on your system (in case you are using wireless connection). Then you have to connect the system with the Ethernet port to an available LAN port on the router and reboot the system. Then you have to run ipconfig /all and netsh wlan show all again and check the result. I think this will give you better experience. Thank you.

After reading your problem I conclude that I have some information for you which is important from your point of view in this situation. You have to check out whether you disable ICS while you went from using ICS and the XP direct to the modem to using the router or not. And also check out for reconfigure your system to use the router's wireless signal. Then you have to move the gateway device to the router's LAN IP address. This is also possible due to local traffic on the system. So try to minimize the number of processes on your system.

I can give you the reason for this kind problem. so by the use of that you can clarify the error and solve it properly. Here I am giving you an advice. You have to hardwire the Ethernet connection on the system with an IP (192.168.0.1) which is on a different subnet than the router. I think the system will slow down due to Ethernet connection only. so you have to go in the connection’s setting and remove the IP address and then you have to select Obtain IP address. I think this should fix your problem. so go for it.

Re: Canon iP2600 printer speed is very slow on Asus RT-N56U port

I think the problem found due to WEP encryption. I think your router is setup with the WEP encryption and that’s the real reason behind this situation. because it is very bad for these circumstances. I want to tell you WEP is old and it can be easily broken with freely downloadable tools. So want to give you advice to change your wireless security to WPA2-Personal AES. I think the router call it CCMP. After that when you try to reconnect you will get your device on that spot. In this way you can solve your problem. I hope this will work for you for solving your problem. Thank you.