Thread: Is it secure to move 3.5" IDE drive to enclosure?

Is it secure to move 3.5" IDE drive to enclosure?

I am having SimpleTech HDD which has stopped reading. It seems that it is still running because it get turned on without any problem and all the other things with this is also normal but the only thing is that it is not able to picked up by the computer. Therefore, I am thinking to open that and shift the drive to an enclosure but before doing that I just needed to ensure that if it causes any problem. HDD is having the Samsung SP2514N drive. Please post your suggestions.

Re: Is it secure to move 3.5" IDE drive to enclosure?

Yes, you can do that but make sure that you are using a good quality cable for that and if you are having some ordinary cable then you may find that it is not getting connected. I have never did that but there are many of my friends here who have experience with that and they are saying that it will be possible to do that. So do it but before doing that, you should make sure that you are aware of all the steps for this.

If you wish to make use of any old 3.5" Hard Disks then the Dynamode Hard Disk Caddies is the best method by which you will be easily able to do the enclosing of IDE Hard Disk to it and make a cheap off-line storage device. This is the best if you require making the data backup otherwise offload a few digital images or else the MP3 files as of your computer to make the space free. This is very easy to utilize and so I am recommending you this.

I don’t think that this is going to work with that. I m not very expert in all these but this is what I think about this and so I wish to post here. If you want then you can try it but I have doubt that this might cause some harm to your system. So if you are going to perform this then do it on your own risk. And also do a deep search on google for this. Good Luck!!!