Thread: For intel SS4000-E storage system, unable to update firmware. Need help.

For intel SS4000-E storage system, unable to update firmware. Need help.

I am using SS4000-E storage system, which is currently on the firmware v1.3. I had decided to put the bigger disc in it, so I have to upgrade to firmware 1.4. I have the instruction with me about how to upgrade the firmware version. But while upgrading firmware after few steps, it’s not moving to the next step. This thing happens when I remoted the four hard drive. And it again starts working when I restarted the system after plug it in back. Can someone please help me that is there something else to do with m system.

re: For intel SS4000-E storage system, unable to update firmware. Need help.

According to you, it makes sound like you are following all the steps correctly. When the hard drive is in, it boot completely and when it removed is not booting properly, that means your system is not having the default operating system, or it have the corrupted operating system. Try to solve this problem first, you can repair it with the help of the windows CD. After that again try to update the firmware, I am sure that this time you will be able to update firmware1.4.

If in your system if there is no hard drive installed at that time your system is running in the default operating system. I will suggest you to remember that if you are updating your firmware than make sure that your hard drive is not connected with the system. Otherwise it will erase all the data which are there in the hard drive. First confirm with that then try to update your firmware software. I have the default static IP address for NIC 1, which is 192.168.0.101, and also have for the NIC 2 which is 192.168.1.101. These will defiantly help you to update your firmware without using your hard drive.

Hey, I was also trying to update my firmware 1.3 to 1.4 version. But still I was not able to update the firmware. Because of the wrong IP address, then I decided to find the IP address on the internet and I found that my previous IP add 255.155.255.0 is wrong and I get new IP address as 192.168.0.101. I tried for it and firmware get updated finally. So I will recommend you to try to chck the IP address which you are using as NAC 1. Make sure that you are entered the correct one.

I think, if you are following all the steps for update firmware correctly and still you are facing the same problem then there will be some problem while entering the administrator user name and password. This username and password is case sensitive, try to make sure that the password and the username is correct check the case sensitivity also. The default user name is admin and password is storage. Once you logged in after that you can change the password or username.

Re: For intel SS4000-E storage system, unable to update firmware. Need help.

The latest version of the firmware will add support for the storage capacity for your system which is greater than 2 TeraBytes. This capacity in the system will be divided in the partition, including a share public folder. If you are not able to perform the update of your firmware then try to repeat the steps for update again. Repeat then carefully. And first make the backup for your important data. If you are trying to update your firmware after removing the hard drive then I will suggest you to not do so. Connect the hard drive again and then again update the firmware. But make sure that all important data have the backup, because it will erase all the data from it.