Thread: Cannot able to boot with Ultra X-Finity 600W Power Supply unit

Cannot able to boot with Ultra X-Finity 600W Power Supply unit

I have built my new system few days back with the newer components. I have Ultra Xfinity 600W power supply which I have purchased from the store before upgrading the system. This is around six months back. But I have used it now the psu is brand new one with no problem at all. But when I attached the power supply to the system itself I can able to boot. My system can able to start up what is the problem with my power supply please helps me to resolve this problem.

My system specification is
    • Motherboard: MSI-NF750-G55
    • Processor: AMD Phenom II x4
    • Ram: 8GB Partrit RAM
    • Hard Disk: Hitachi 2GB HDD

Re: Cannot able to boot with Ultra X-Finity 600W Power Supply unit

I don’t think there is any problem with the power supply unit. It can be the compatibility issue which can cause such a problem. When I seen the compatibility page for your power supply unit Ultra Xfinity 600W the specification says that it needs Pentium 4 and AMD cpu. So your processor is completely compatible with the system itself. So I w ill suggest you to do this check the power is coming from the psu or not. Check it using the multi meter the voltage of the multi meter for 12 v rail as well as 4 pin power connector of the cpu .if it’s not giving the voltage then it will be problem with the psu itself.

I have faced same problem with the power supply itself. I have also purchased the psu few months back. Such a problem of not booting up the system can be caused by no proper voltage is coming out of the system. Sometimes the power supply may not provide perfect power to the system and it will cause the problem while starting up the system. Check it with multi meter that power is coming perfectly and the bad one. Otherwise call the service center for replacement since it is in the warranty as you said it was purchased 6 months back.

I have purchased this Xfinity 600W around 5 months back. And till the date its working perfectly for me. Just a week ago the power supply is giving me the problem same as yours. I have tried to resolve the problem then I seen that the fans of the psu back as well as bottom are not working due to this it is over heated and it will cause the problem. So I will suggest you to check the fans of power supply units are working perfectly or not. If fans are not working then it is happening due to this only.

I have also faced same problem which you specified I am using this power supply unit from 2 years back. It is one of the best psu I used till date. But the problem I faced is same as yours my fans of psu got failed. So due to this the system is not stating up .ye sit is happening due to overheating itself. So I tried this right now I am using the desk fan to prevent the overheating of psu. Other than this psu has no issue for me. Many people has the same issue of fan got failed. So I will suggest you to check that.

I am sure that the problem is due to power supply unit itself. I have good knowledge about the power supply. My friend also faced such a problem with the power supply. So I told him to try the other power supply or old one to check that with the old power supply it is working or not. If the system is working well then it is problem with psu itself. If not works then it is due to other hardware. And also try the new power supply on your friends system. If it works perfectly on their system then it is problem with system itself. Otherwise replace the power supply unit.

I have problem with my system that it can’t able to startup. But the problem is not with the power supply unit . But it is due to the other hardware components. In my case it is due to the ram itself. Ram is not sited perfectly in the slot will be causing this problem. so check the ram is in the prefect state. Defective ram can also cause same problem. also check this after starting up the system does the four lights on the motherboard lights up or not . If it is not lighting up perfectly then it is due to the power supply itself.