Thread: Revue Keyboard not working.

Revue Keyboard not working.

I have recently purchased Google TV with the Logitech Revue companion box with keyboard. I tried to use it and I am able to use it without any issue accept, that some of its keys are not working. I don’t know what to do; I have connected it properly according to the user manual. Do you think I got a faulty keyboard? Should I return it and get a new one or is it some small error!

Re: Revue Keyboard not working.

The best and the tried and tested method ‘REBOOT’. Just remove all the peripherals’ connected and reboot the entire system! It does work. I too had the same issue and I just did a reboot and voila everything was sorted if it still does not solve the issue than there is some serious issue with your keyboard. Try calling Logitech or maybe email them and tell them about your issue.

Have you tried to do the "learn IR codes" function and also have you tried to map different keys on the keyboard to see if the "CH +" or "Ch -" key was not working. If it still not work than you can Try FN + CH + and CH-FN + let us know if it works for you. As these two methods work if there is a minor settings change in the IR of the Keyboard. If even this does not work than you need to take it to the service center.

Does your IR blaster pointing to your cable / remote set top box censor? I have a Comcast cable box and I had the same problem, after calling Sony tech support the customer service guy told me to put an IR Blaster that was pointing to my remote box censer. Right now my IR cable on top of my cable box pointing to my censer. Hope this helps, let me know if this works. Buy the way I have a Sony 40 "GTV.

If the standby key works, then that indicates that the keyboard and receiver were secured at the factory. Due to packing, shipping, and other movement, the keyboard became unsecured. The way to resolve this is to install the software and make sure the keyboard is shown within Set point. After you have verified that, you should be able to press the left hand CRTL, left hand ALT, and the F12 (function 12) keys, all at the same time. This will bring up the secure encryption wizard. Follow the on-screen instructions, and the keyboard should type after that. Make sure that you only do a quick, firm, press and release of the connect button when instructed on the screen, otherwise you could potentially disconnect the keyboard and have to go through the reconnect procedure and the button presses again to restart the whole procedure. This is something that I see quite often, and usually I tell people to follow the document below.

Not sure if I have the same system as you, but I bought a wireless desktop and I have the same problem, the keyboard stops working randomly, but it works 50% of the time, and the lights went green the top on and off randomly, I have the S510. Their frequency is related to the problem connected securely. Enabling or disabling Secure connect it usually resolves. Another possible solution is to reset the keyboard through the following steps: Remove the battery type for about 30 seconds to remove the capacitor insert fresh Once the keyboard has been reset, please try reconnecting