Thread: wired TrackMan wheel out of stock!

wired TrackMan wheel out of stock!

Does anyone know where I can get TrackMan wheel wired mouse? I tried it in local stores but they say it is out of stock! Does this mean it is going to be re-stocked at a later date? I am very fond of the wired mouse from Logitech especially have some emotional value attached with the brand. Does anyone know any store which still has the stock; I don’t like the new wireless mouse. Not against technology but for me old is gold!

Re: wired TrackMan wheel out of stock!

For ergonomic comfort, the Logitech TrackMan is an excellent choice: This ball feels great in hand almost feels as it is hand carved. The thumb scroll wheel works great in red, while the index and middle fingers working the buttons and the scroll wheel (which works as a third button).Like the Cordless TrackMan FX, this device comes with Web Wheel. To use, open the Control Panel and change your mouse preferences so that pressing the middle button (wheel) that’s why the name, and it is so sad that the legendary mouse is available if you want to shop online but not with Logitech.

I started using the wired Trackman Wheel about 10 years or so ago. I was starting to have carpel tunnel problems in my right hand. A friend suggested I try this mouse and I loved it after using it an hour or so. The problems I was having with my hand are almost gone. I even had my employer purchase a trackman wheel for me because I use the computer most of the day at work. I was surprised and upset to learn that a trackman was selling on Amazon for $192 when I paid $25 about two years ago. Logitech, while I really enjoy using the trackman for everyday business, I don't want to go back to the hand pain and numbness I had in the past. I would love the reliability of the wired trackman. At least make it available on your website for those of us who really need this particular model for a brief period of time so we can stock up at a reasonable price.

I've had at least 4 of the various versions of the wired trackman. First I had the ADB (ABD? whatever it was pre-USB) version, one for home and one for the office. Now I have two USB versions, one of the older beige versions at home, one of the newer grey versions that live in the computer bag to go to work every day. (I actually prefer the shape of the beige one -- I find it better for my wrist.) I'd have bought a third (and now wish I had) if I had had a permanent desk at work, too. Wireless just isn't practical. I use my trackman with my laptop when travelling. I don't want the weight or expense of batteries, I don't want the hassle of replacement, I want to be able to use the trackman on plains, I want just one item to keep track of, etc. Please, please, Logitech, rethink this decision? Indeed, you could make a really positive marketing push -- wired is greener, after all. Why not kill the wireless version as environmentally harmful in favor of a nice green wired trackman wheel?

If anyone else sees these for sale elsewhere, please let us know. Since we are not in the Logitech site, my guess is that they are back in production and these were more or someone found them in a store. Of course, if someone Logitech would so kind as to send a reply to this thread, then I have to do guesses.FYI: For 'customer service / support "Logitech I just did a quick count and currently have six these mice in use between work and private residence for me. This does not include the three I just ordered online. This does not include a radio one for my HTPC and two wireless sitting in a box

Just found out that they had suspended Trackman wheel in the name of technological advancement, and I could not believe it. I was actually looking to see if Logitech had finally given in and made a bunch of Bluetooth, looks like its time trying to make everyone use their stuff from 2.4 GHz, and removing the cable option. So now I have to be very careful with my existing statements one. Here’s hoping to sanity and you can pick one of the surplus in a few months for less than $ 80.’Logitech’, please bring back the wheel Trackman cable. If geminately at least make a run for fans to the store (and make a version of the M570 Bluetooth while you're at it) Also, for people with broken left buttons, I read that use the same switches as Microsoft mice. We do not know