Thread: Logitech G5 mouse problem while right clicking

Logitech G5 mouse problem while right clicking

From past many years I have been using G5 mouse. Now while using the mouse I feel that the right click part of the mouse has become a bit harder. Pressing the right click has become a little irritating. Sometimes when I am about to right click on something it doesn’t get recognized unless I press it with some extra force. I think the problem is because of rough use of the mouse. Please give me some advice regarding this. I want to know what must be wrong. Any suggestions given would be highly appreciated.

Re: Logitech G5 mouse problem while right clicking

I have been using computers since 7 years now. I use my mouse for at least 7 to 8 hours regularly. Even my mouse has some problem while right clicking. This mouse is G7 which I have bought last year. Since I have bought it I have used it very much. I think there is an answer for this go to the start>>settings>>control panel>>mouse settings. In the mouse settings try to check the clicklock option, go to the pointer options, there try to make few changes and save the settings. I hope it works

Well I think there could be some usb problems. You can try to connect the mouse in some different port. You can also reinstall the usb controller drivers. After all this you can try to see the effect. I hope it works. If it doesn’t then make sure that there is no other device in the other usb ports. If still it is not fine then I think there is some problem with the mouse. There could be some pin broken in the mouse or something which has made clicking hard.

Change the mouse, there is nothing more you can do with it. And buying another mouse is not also much costly. The time you'll waste in making it work properly, better is buy a new mouse. It will be much better deal and way to solve this issue. Just try by changing the mouse properties so the left button becomes the right button and see if you get the shortcut menu.

Well whenever such problem occurs it is generally the hardware issues. I have had this problem. It is possible that because of some software your mouse settings have changed. Make sure that this has not happened. Try to uninstall such software’s that has changed the mouse setting. If it doesn’t solve then I think the mouse driver must have got corrupted. You should install the new mouse driver.

It would be a wise choice to purchase a new mouse instead of wasting time in finding solutions for rectifying the mouse. Mouse comes in cheap rates these days. Try to go for wireless G7 mouse. Probably it is a hardware failure. As you have mentioned that you have used it for a long time and there are chances that it must have got corrupt. You can replace the mouse with a new one or else if the old mouse is in warranty period then you can get it exchanged.

Has the mouse right clicking button also sticking? I also had the same problem. I had a Logitech optical mouse. I used my pc for 4 years. Initially the mouse was very good but gradually it started sticking while clicking. I assumed that it was the hardware problem and it could be something related to the spring present inside the mouse. I think purchasing a new mouse would be good as it is not very costly.