Thread: how can i reduce the degradation on my SSD

how can i reduce the degradation on my SSD

I have Asus eee pc T91 at my home for professional and personal use. I have purchased the new SSD for personal use. Its new branded SSD of Sandforce controller. I have no problem with it till the last week. Actually the SSD is one month old. And the problem is found in the first month. The main problem is the speed of my SSD is degrading because of some problem. but I cannot get the proper reason for that. The R/W speed of my SSD is 220/160MB/s with CDM when it is new but after in one month the speed of R/W is down to 210/80MB/s. I cant get any solution. Can anyone give me some suggestion to solve this problem. please help me.

Re: how can i reduce the degradation on my SSD

I read your description and I come to know that you have a problem of hardware only. This type of problem found in the older SSD but you mentioned that you have the new SSD so this is not often. Actually this type of problem may occurred due load on your system. That means when you try to do a lot of writes on the drives that’s why this problem found. To solve this type of problem you have to wait for some time. Because of load the SSD not get enough time to make adjustments so it degrades. I want to give you advice that you have to do the R/W operation in normal manner means make sure that there is no process of R/W running on your system more than one at a time.

After seeing your problem I conclude that you have the issue related to transfer of the data. That problem is not rare because SSD degradation is common for older devices. I don’t think that the problem found due to SSD adjustments because I know SSD doesn’t make adjustments. I think the problem is related to write cycle of your SSD. Actually every SSD have the limited number of write cycle (that number is huge so that cause no problem). there may be 10000 cycles easily available in the SSD. So if you have the new SSD then this problem should not be there. Sometimes the cycles may lost because of some problem and the capability of the SSD degrades automatically. I think this can give you better idea.

I think you face the problem of the degradation. This problem might be occurred due to user’s mistakes and not by the device. Sometimes user try to do some unknown operations with the device and that causes this kind of problem. I can give you better advice to solve your problem. you have to TRIM your SSD on the regular basis. If you don’t do this the SSD will lose the speed. So try to TRIM your SSD. You can easily get the information about the trimming on the web. I hope this will provide you better experience. Thank you.

I want to give you some information about the working of the SSD. The SSD should be filled less than 80% of its maximum capacity. That means you should not fill the SSD up to its maximum extend. Because when it gets full then it will decrease the speed of R/W for processing. So my advice to you that is you have to check the status of your SSD. O it gets more than 80% then you have to delete some items from them. By this technique you can fix your problem. in this way you can solve your problem. I think this will give you more comfort.

I think the problem may occur due to some illegal operation performed by you on the SSD. You have to use the SSD with proper handling. Sometimes because of so many files written to the SSD that causes this type of problem. so I want to give you advice to you that you have to use the SSD in proper manner. That means you have to write one file at a time. That is a proper solution for your problem.

You have mentioned that you purchased the new device so you can get the guarantee or warrantee on your device. So you can try for replacement also. This is the best option for you according to me. If you don’t have the warrantee then also you can try for the replacement because this kind of problem may affect your other parts also. You can easily get the replacement on the web also. So you have to go for it. I think this will work for you.