Thread: USB to serialUSB adapter program crashes on EEE box.

USB to serialUSB adapter program crashes on EEE box.

hey friends, I am using USB to serial port adapter, from the last 1 months. I got the driver with it, installed on the system, and I changed the com port to COM1. I am using EB1007 for this purpose, with windows XP installed on my system. To turn my YV on and off, I am using a signage program, it uses the serial command to do this. When I use this with the other machine which I got from the Aopen, it works fine and I have the actual serial port. But when I am trying the same with the EEE Box, the program is not working, it crashes. I am trying with the other driver also and on the windows 7, but still it is not working properly. Can you help me in this case, what should I do to work with my USB serial port?

re: USB to serialUSB adapter program crashes on EEE box.

I will suggest you to check that COM number is right, it will also cause the driver to not work properly. Make sure that it is working on any dependencies or not like .Net framework, or any other platform. Otherwise you have to check that what is running as the driver conflict, it might also cause the same problem. Try to reinstall the drivers it may help you in this cause. Make sure that you are using windows XP not the XP SP3, if so then try to install the XP and then try without installing the drivers, I am sure that it will detect the drivers itself only, and it will start working properly.

Hi, I am also using the same USB to serial port adapter, but it is working properly and not giving any type of error. I changed the setting from com to COM1, same as you, but it is working fine. I am using window XP installed in my system. I will suggest you to use the XP version not the XP sp3. If you are using window XP sp3 then try to install the window XP, it will automatically detect the drivers for you USB serial port. Go for that, I am sure that it will work for it.

I will suggest you to check that you are using the correct drivers for that adapter, try to download the latest version of that driver. According to me there will some problems with your driver version, it might happen that, it doesn’t support the compatibility of your system, so try to download the driver which supports the compatibility of your system. If again it is providing the same problem then try to use the different adapter for it. There will be some problem with your adapter.

Some of the low cost USB to serial adapter have the processor made by the company called Prolific, these processor are not compatible with some of the system, so I think that there must be problem with your adapter processor, try to avoid to take the low cost USB to serial adapter. If again this problem occurs then try to take the good USB to serial adapter for your system, it will help you to get out of this problem.

Hey, I am also USB to serial port adapter, I am using the same adapter with COM3 setting. Since you are using COM1 setting then tries to change it, and simply make it to COM3, I am sure that it will start working properly. If not then try to take the proper version of the drivers, there may be fault with your driver for that adapter. If you are using windows XP on your system, then try to uninstall the driver and then connect the adapter to your system, it will automatically detect the drivers for it.