Thread: To Intel SSD G1, how to change the OS drive

To Intel SSD G1, how to change the OS drive

Recently I bought a new 1st gen Intel 80GB drive. I have GA-X58A - UD3R 2.0 and the OS disk is now a 160GB 7200rpm drive. And I also have the RAID configuration with 2x Velociraptors. I want to know how I should install the new SSD.
    • In which port should I connect it?
    • How to setup In the BIOS?
    • Need to know how to move the OS image from the present OS?

re: To Intel SSD G1, how to change the OS drive

According to me the first problem is with the difference between your existing OS drive image 160GB and SSD 80GB. Generally it works the alternate course around. Duplicate from a more modest drive to a more substantial or break even with measured drive. Propelled Host Controller Interface (AHCI) is an Intel specialized particular for identifying, designing, and customizing SATA & AHCI connectors. With Intel SATA RAID configure even now have an AHCI mode on

IDE is straight out old legacy SATA mode. AHCI permits you gain entrance to development framework SATA configure like Hot Plugging, NCQ It's altogether up to you which chipset u want to utilize-Marvell or Intel ports . Anyhow plainly you'll be setting up the SSD without the Veloraptors joined. Trust these aides. Through the whole operation that you need, it also have the advantage of having the second hard drive.

ATTO could be first, in particular if there's SSD included, but HD Tune additionally has a great taking after, in reality it does have a ton of service info, both beat value giving exceptionally comparable results. ATTO is unlimited and HD Tune Pro.15 day full capacity trial. To setup the BIOS you will need to restart your computer and then press F2 or delete key to enter in the BIOS setting. From the BIOS section, you can change the setting for the new SSD drive.

I had express benchmarks are a good fit for a G1 80GB SSD. The humbler Intel G1 and G2 SSDs did not have fabulous compose speeds, as might be viewed in the analyses of those items. In composes, they are out-performed by great HDDs if in RAID or not. The G2 80GB SSDs are evaluated at the very most. Check the specs and appearance of the Intel 40GB SSDs in composing, they are not truly exceptional. It's the same for the peruses with SSDs, more so with previous demonstrates.

SSDs are considerably more variable in speed relying on the size of the documents contrasted with HDDs. With NCQ, the SSD courses of action more IO asks for and has the information primed for utilization by the PC when it is equipped for it. In consideration of you had the RAID driver introduced and animated before utilizing your SSD, you don't should do anything to prepare AHCI methods, you have them now, nothing more to do.