Thread: USB Gamepad is not working on Acer Iconia A500 Tab

USB Gamepad is not working on Acer Iconia A500 Tab

I am running the stock 4.010.38 at the time and have attempted with the XBOX 360 remotes as well as one Generic USB Gamepad but the problem is that I am not able to get that to function. I am using the Snes and N64oid emulator. If you have any experience with the successful or unsuccessful built then please post your settings of that over here. I will really appreciate each reply on this. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: USB Gamepad is not working on Acer Iconia A500 Tab

I have the rooted stock and I am able to get that working from final fantasy 14 gamepad. In your case, ‘it is not able to detect the tab and so I am thinking that the problem is with the driver. There might be some limitation to that and for that reason you are getting this issue. So, you also know that what you have to do for this. Just install the latest driver for this and get the problem resolved.

I am quite sure that the every 3.1 firmware must function with the xbox, some USB and ps3 controllers but the only problem is that you will be able to make use of that with a few apps similar to the emulators. You will not be able to control the browser with help of that and also I don’t think that the games similar to the NFS will work with that. Let’s see what other people say about this.

I have the 3.1 stock rooted running and using the honeyvillian rom. I am having the Logitech wired gamepad and that is working great for me. So my suggestion to you is to go for the Logitech gamepad and that will solve the problem for you. I am using that with the nesoid emulator and that is working great. I hope that this will do the same for you as well. But do that if none of the solutions helps you.

I would like to tell you that Wired 360 controller is functioning very well with the cordy, snes9x, and n64oid. You can use that with any of them. If you are using cordy then there will be no setup required for you. For the emulators, you will have to go to the button setup and then select button and after that push that button on the controller. I hope that this will help you in any manner.

Have you bought that new? If your answer is yes then don’t do anything with that. Just go to the dealer from where you bought that and ask them about the problem. They will solve the problem for you. If they are not helpful enough then you can directly contact to the manufacturer and you will surely get help from that. This is the best thing that you can do.