Thread: Fan working continuously making noise in Fujitsu lifebook AH550

Fan working continuously making noise in Fujitsu lifebook AH550

I owe a Fujitsu LifeBook AH550, in that installed is Windows XP operating system and also I have upgraded all the installed drivers, then I installed SQL Server and VS.net. Now, whenever I open them using resources my fan starts with a noise and running semi-continuously, and when I don’t open still the fan work making unnecessary sound, especially while working in my house with quiet atmosphere. How to tackle it? Please help!

Re: Fan working continuously making noise in Fujitsu lifebook AH550

After reading your post I would like to tell you that I had the same trouble with my Fujitsu LifeBook, also none of my application where running. Even I tried changing the configuration of power "balanced", but this has not helped. No matter if I'm running on battery or not. The fan does not start until 15 minutes after the machine is turned on and the cycles of about 10 seconds every 3 minutes. It is loud. The machine does not seem to be very hot. I called tech support twice, but anywhere. I’m indeed disappointed with my laptop and it is 1 month old.

I have done complain to the company about the same. During conversation with the company, they told me that it depends on what model we take. Some laptop models basically have fan sound while some have no sound and they are known as ‘silent’ laptops. You can easily distinguish the laptop by the "Quiet Running" Logo. For more information on that you can visit the fujitsu website, the logo is like a face in silence. The company said it has 2 options:
    • The alternative model has characteristics 'quiet' and they will charge you, or
    • Return the money to you and when you look for the Fujitsu website, I found only 3 models, as the Lifebook E780, S710. The 'Lifebook S710' is a great laptop, but 14.1''LCD, 15.5''and I wanted for my work on the design, so that gives me the second option and do not return to
    work my money.

Speedstep is enabled in the BIOS. In the power options of the system chosen is the "balanced" with the passive policy in the two states of the battery and power enabled. The average temperature is 48 this laptop to 50 (sometimes the temperature reaches 60 ° C with 3.5% load) C ambient temperature 20 C. I contacted one of the Greek authorized service companies. They tested the laptop, the bios and updated it back to me with an answer that has no problem at all. I returned the laptop and the time is directly contacted fujitsu reports of my problem. Today I answered said fujitsu laptop ah550 not have this problem and reported that there is a fan problem.

As a result, Fujitsu company laptop (which was bought for studio use) has not been repaired by the company. It continues to this very annoying noise that prevents anyone from being able to study on this laptop or use it for a long time. When I purchased a Fujitsu laptop I thought that in the case of a problem like this would have the support of a large company, but as it seems I was wrong. I will make direct contact with Fujitsu to get an official answer to my problem. Until then I'm back to the old days with my 3 year old R61, Lenovo. If any of Fujitsu wants to contact me for details etc, I was pleased to help provide information.

My problem was never resolved it and I hate this laptop. Unfortunately, I bought it from U.S., but I am living in U.K. The reason I did is because there is an "international warranty ", but that meant nothing because the U.K. team of services are not answering my questions. I gave up and just learn to live with it, but I am really disappointed and unhappy using it. It's like driving a PC from 2005. It is so slow because of the continuous noise of the fan.

Like others have noise problems with my Lifebook AH550. It worked nice for few months but then it started making noise from time like a bad oil bearing fan, but stronger. Sometimes this means BOD, sometimes the noise stops after about a minute. I tried all the explosions of dust from all possible openings, but that makes no difference, plus I kept the laptop good condition before and had little / no dust. Since I bought the laptop at Costco, I'm just planning to go back there or get a replacement. This is not something one would expect from Fujitsu.