Thread: How to connect old HDD to the new machine to transfer DATA o new HDD?

How to connect old HDD to the new machine to transfer DATA o new HDD?

Hey guys I have been thinking to build a new desktop for my cousin and this desktop was used by his dad and it is quite a bit old for me so I want to know how would I be connecting the hard disk which is the old one into the new machine so that I can transfer all the data into the new one please help me out of this I don’t know how to do it? Any suggestions and also suggest me what would be the best configuration anyone?

Re: How to connect old HDD to the new machine to transfer DATA o new HDD?

Hey friend I don’t think you got to worry about this what you have to do is just take the pc to the deal and then ask him to connect the HDD to your new system and it is easy because there is a slot beside the plug in which the new HDD has been connected just plug the old one into it but I won’t be asking you to do it because I don’t know which motherboard you are having and where does this motherboard has the other plug just ask him to do it and then transfer the data.

Well this is a good idea and a right suggestion and you got to follow this one I think and I would ask you that you said that you have been thinking to have the new pc I want you say what is the configuration you have been thinking for your cousin just tell us that and then we would be rating it and if anything is messing up we would be suggesting you to change it accordingly so please tell us whats the configuration you have been thinking of and get ready to get the rating and if we all like it or more of us like it I think it would be the best choice.

Ok friends so this is a good idea I would be exited to know the ratings so I have been thinking the configuration as follow:
    Antec 300 case, Corsair builder series 500W PSU, Gigabyte GA-870A-USB3 AMD870 motherboard, AMD Athlon II X2 260 Dual Core processor @ 3.2GHz, Patriot Sector 5 RAM - 2x4GB DDR3-1333, Gigabyte Radeon HD 5450 512MB video card, Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA3 HDD, Samsung 22x DVD RW, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit please guys rate it quickly so that we can get it sooner.

Well this configuration definitely looks fine and I am sure this would be the very good choice that your cousin would be enjoying nice processor and nice graphic card over all I would rate it 4 out of 5 and that one point I have been taking away because I would have liked if you would have gone with the intel I series processor and if the graphic card would have been 1gb and the OS would have been ultimate then I would have rated it full.

Why don’t you think AMD Llano would be a better choice in your video card and rest stuffs has been very nice so I would be rating it 4 out of 5 and I have ignored that one point because I want a change in the graphic card it isn’t liked by me and I think it should be changed because the AMD Llano is much more faster than the one you have been taking and I think you can get a 2.9Ghz Quad core Llano + FM1 board would be a better one to go with.

Hey i haven't done this ever but i have saw my engineer connecting to HDD into one pc i would like to ask you that when ever you would be buying the pc and where ever you would be buying it from just ask him once that how would i connect the HDD to this computer then i think he would be and once you do that then you also know what you have to do to get the data to be transferred and then you can do it i would only tell you that if you are not sure then don't just try to do anything with yourself or i have one more option that you can do just try to get a external hard disk to your computer and copy everything into it and then you can transfer it.