Thread: Will ASUS Eee PC 701SD 8G has support for SATA II SSD?

Will ASUS Eee PC 701SD 8G has support for SATA II SSD?

As the title of this particular thread is saying why i am over here and what information which i wanted to know? I am having ASUS Eee PC 701SD 8G. I have done lots of research work and i was unable to figure out whether this particular device is having support for SATA II SSD. I really wanted to have Runcore PRO IV SSD. Let me know if you are having any information to get requirement of mine. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Will ASUS Eee PC 701SD 8G has support for SATA II SSD?

I let you know that the SATA II is seems to be backward compatible with SATA I. the netbook which you are supposed to use then it is used for the limited for the SATA I. hence you are not going to notice any difference into the situation if the drive is having better performance. Smaller writes are being affected the limitation of the SATA I. if you are having the writing speed of 4K than I think you are having really good SSD to use.

Well looking at the matter I wanted to share something which will helpful to get the requirement of yours. if you are supposed to have larger read or write speed as that of the sequential ratings and it would be useful for the boot time and it will be useful for moving of the larger files. So it would not be useful if you are not supposed to use the smaller read or write on the computer of yours. I think you have figure out the thing over here.

I let you know I have installed Kingspec 16Gb SSD on the device of mine. I have not got any issue while installing the same on the device of mine. the SSD is seems to be detected automatically in the BIOS. Also the Asus restore disk is used to make the set up on the basis of the original specification and I am still not having any issue so I think there would be no issue you are supposed to use the Kingspec 16Gb SSD.

Runcore Pro IV is a INDILINX controller and it seems to be more up to date than that of the Mini PCIe SSD which are available into the market. It will provide the best performance. In all the situations installation will happen really smooth. However there is no technical support from the manufacturer team however you should contact the reseller if you have got any issue in this particular matter.

I am having KSD-PMP.15-032MS SSD and I need to connect with the device of mine and there is no issue. I need to plug with the laptop of mine. I have connect the SSD of mine with the PCIe slot. I have also installed Windows XP SP 2 on the system of mine and I there is no issue while using the same. sometime it gets over heated while playing video games however overall performance is okay. I am really happy after using the same on the computer of mine.