Thread: SSD is freezing for ASUS EEE PC 701

SSD is freezing for ASUS EEE PC 701

Well I am having ASUS EEE PC 701from past couple of days. I have noticed that the SSD of mine is seems to be freezing while loading the stuffs on the system of mine. Is SSD is seems to be faster or slower than that of the portable hard disk? Right now I have installed nlited XP on the computer of mine. Also tell me whether it is easy to install Debian on the external hard drive? Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: SSD is freezing for ASUS EEE PC 701

Well looking at the situation I let you know that SSD is seems to be quite faster than that of the USB2 connected drive. At least there would be great speed at the time of reading. If you are looking to speed up the laptop then you should enhance by using the internal SATA-connected drive. So try the thing which I have mentioned over here and I am hoping that it will be useful to get the requirement of yours.

In this particular matter I think you might need to use some third party application to get the requirement of yours. well you should use Flash Fire to speed up the slower SSD which you are supposed to use. It is available on the official website of the developer of the software. This particular software is useful in the situation where low speed SSD is used on the system. This particular is available for free on the internet.

According to me there would be no difference with the installation on the external hard disk or internal hard disk. Debian is used to make stable server. As far as I know most of the servers on the web are running with the Linux based operating system. Also I agree with the thing that there would not be any difference if you have installed Debian on external hard drive or on the internal one. Hence I think there would not be any issue with the same.

The older version of the laptop was using fast drives into IOPS. They was working slow when there was burst read or write on the disk drive. Very IOPS count is used to indicate when the OS is not freezing while doing read and write on the device. The fastest SSD was associated with the ASUS EeePC 701 4G. there are couple of PCIe SSD drives which are available in the market and which you can purchase.

As far as I know there are couple of new models of the SSD are available in the market. They are having support for the hard drive brust rate. However they are seems to be quite expensive. If you are looking to have an SSD of 16GB and then it will cost around for $80 and for the SSD of 32GB you need to pay around 120$. So you should get the same if you really wanted to use the same. if you are not interested then just leave it.