Thread: TrackPoint and UltraNav not working

TrackPoint and UltraNav not working

I am having some strange problem with my X201T. I don’t know the reason for this but the TrackPoint, Touchpad and all the related buttons are not working when I login to my laptop. They were working well last week but I started getting this from this Saturday. When I went to Control Panel / Mouse dialogue then I found that the UltraNav tab is grayed out. If I login with the Guest account then all the things started to work well. Please help me with that.

Re: TrackPoint and UltraNav not working

This is seems to be the problem with your account as none of the other account is having any problem with that. So what you can do is create a new account as the Admin and permit him all the rights and once you created that account then you can delete the account which was creating the problems. Now you can make use of the newly created account. This is one of the possible ways to solve this issue. Let’s see if someone else can provide some other alternative solution for this.

It can be problem because of the corrupted driver in your computer. What is the operating system you are using with it? My suggestion to you is to update the drivers from the Lenovo update to the latest one available and once you are completed with the update then just restart your computer and then see if this is can solve the problem or not. In most of the cases corrupted driver is the culprit and so I requesting you to do this and see if that can help you or not.

I was also having the similar problem with this but somehow I managed to solve this. Actually, I simply removed the “thinkpad ultranav driver" as well as "thinkpad ultranav utility," from my computer and after that rebooted it. Installed them again and never seen that issue again. You can also try to do the same and see if this solves your problem or not. I hope you will be out of this annoying problem soon.

There might be some problem with the operating system that you have installed in your computer. Some of the files in that might be missing and for that reason you are facing this issue. So you can try to repair the system. To do that, just go with the normal installation process of the operating system, but when it prompts you for the type of installation then you will have to select the repair as the option. This can cure the problem.

I too am having the same situation with the trackpad & rodent on a revamped x220 with ssd alternative, it was working but has now stopped in the event that you uninstall ultranav the rodent begins to work utilizing windows drivers but the x220 continues attempting to stack its particular driver which when it does it breaks the trackpad again*seems like*a product , driver issue. I have stacked the most cutting edge driver but still no go. Can anybody help me with this situation pls?.