Thread: Performance of CPU over GPU?

Performance of CPU over GPU?

Hey I have been surfing over internet to find some discussion over the comparison of the CPU and GPU and I don’t have any idea about this can I get some discussion over this please help me my friends also haven’t been more clear so please have some proper discussion and please try to suggest me something and I need it urgently because I want to have a deal with it so I want to know about it.

Re: Performance of CPU over GPU?

With some Personal thinking over this topic I would like to say there is lot of things that already use the GPU to perform calculations, video acceleration is great, I know that Nvidia has been really trying very hard with their cores of Cuba and such. GPU will face a lot in the coming years, but the CPU will always have its place. There will be that much of the gap with the rules of OpenCV, which is a standard way the people behind OpenGL for the calculation of the GPU. I hope this would eventually conclude some points to you.

That's not a good question, because competition is not defined. This is my thinking because both have been developed with their own task to be carried out and they have different place in the market and I don’t think they would be harmed ever. Like a GPU and CPU. This is really something like the situation starting with the units of floating point CPUs. Watch the 486DX 486SX vs. eventually became the standard FPU. The same applies to GPUs, and only those who need more power GPUs have specialized secondary.

GPU is definitely the way forward for gaming. I have a secondary PC game and only by upgrading the GPU that I have been able to hold to play all new games at good places despite having a shitty CPU and only 2 GB of RAM. Basically in the last 4 years old I had the GPU of my main computer and put it in one and still do quite well, even with the latest games. Right now I have an 8800GTS 512MB in there and played more games at 1920x1080 with settings medium high some very high. A 9800GT is about the same as the GPU, but any dual core CPU will pick you up today 820D is going to blow that out of the water, so you should be all set.

Graphics processing units , which for many years, driven display motion pictures and computer screens. GPUs are now powerful enough to do more than move the images on the screen. They are capable of high-end estimates are the staple of many engineering activities. Ok so I know that this comparison would be a stupid comparison and it would be like comparing completely two different items in the market so I would say leave the point to compare them.

Comparing GPUs CPUs is not a comparison of apples to apples. Clock speeds are lower, the architectures are radically different, and the problems we are grappling with are almost completely unrelated. However, the GPU now overcome the complexity of modern CPU in terms of absolute number of transistors. Benchmarks that focus on floating point arithmetic, the most used in these engineering calculations show that the GPU can perform these calculations much faster than traditional processing units used in stations work Sometimes, today as much as 20 times faster, according to the calculation and as CPUs, are becoming programmable, harness the power of graphics to do more than just graphics. I hope you got my point of view and what I've been trying to come to the conclusion.

This is completely different products you cant compare between them and i wont be liking to say anything about it except that this comparison is absolutely wrong comparison and i think this should be never a comparison and i don't understand why some of the people have been trying to have distinguish between this and people have been trying to solve there problem i don't think they should be trying to compare this i have read some of the above post and i think discussion over here is well framed and people have been knowing that this comparison is false and dear you should stop comparing this now.