Thread: Need information about Hard Drive used in Asus EP121

Need information about Hard Drive used in Asus EP121

Can anyone help me .I want the information regarding the Asus ep121 slat Hard Drive. What I know about that is it has 32 GB or 64 GB Solid State Hard Drive. Is this hard drive is in chip format or it has standard form factor that other has. Currently I have Asus Eee PC with 20GB storage, 16 GB storage Chip and 4 GB storage is on chip. Does hard drive used in ep121 is removable and replaceable. If this is true please provide me more information regarding this so I can upgrade it. I need this information because I want to buy this few days later.

Re: Need information about Hard Drive used in Asus EP121

I am not confident about it but it is using mSATA technology and other hard drives are not compatible with it. It has been specially design for slat.I heard that there are Accessory docks available in market which will let you access the hard drive. With help of this we can make it complete laptop which has about 500GB of HDD and additional battery for long run. But I don’t know that such a docks are launched and available in market. Try to take information from your local vendor about those docks.

Yes the technology used in ep121 is mSATA and is available only with slat. There are very few system developed by companies which use this technology. Currently Manufactures of mSATA are less but they are growing rapidly. Currently some netbooks and mobile devices are using 32 GB SSD Drives and which is likely to be mSATA. Also Intel is supporting format we can assume that in next year it is widly accepted by all manufacturer. So you have only single choice i.e. mSATA HDD if you want to upgrade .

The Asus ep121 is using mSATA SSD drive. This is not upgradable with other formats Hard Disk Drive such as SATA. If you want to upgrade the hard drive you have to choose form mSATA SSD only no other format. There for you also cannot use your old SSD drives with it. You need to buy new one from vendors. Some of mSATA SSD available in market are Intel 310 which is available in two sizes 40GB and 80GB, Renice X3 which is available in 60GB and 120GB.