Thread: GoFlex 2TB desktop troubleshooting with network access

GoFlex 2TB desktop troubleshooting with network access

Hello, my drive 2 TB GoFlex has two problems:
    1. Do not stop spinning after inactivity, and reconnect, even if they are "safely removed" 64-bit Windows Vista Ultimate.
    2. I can connect two GoFlex 2 TB disks (all 3 are identical) to a network hub Iomega iConnect. The unit in question is not accessible on the network. Any help on this is appreciated.

Re: GoFlex 2TB desktop troubleshooting with network access

Right-click My Computer | Manage | Device Manager | Universal Serial Bus Controllers | double-click the root hub first | Go to the tab Supplies | see if the drive is connected to it. If not, try the next Root Hub. If so, click the Power Management tab. Make sure the box that says "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power" is checked. Also, make sure that the configuration of the interface energy GoFlex are not set to "Never."

I do not think the center is the problem (is the other two units GoFlex well) because they have taken turns to connect the unit only problem with one and two of the other units. Each time the unit is visible problem for a few minutes after it disappears, sometimes causes the collision center as well. Without this unity, the center and the other two units work well. I also learned never to turn the unit safely, even when removed from Vista and Windows XP. Also never stops spinning when connected and disconnected from my media player (Boxee Box).

I have a 3 TB disk that works fine too. I should mention that also has a 3 TB unit that works well I have 4 total too.In disks, 2 TB and 3 TB a 3x. I have been given different names to distinguish them. Only "roh" is problematic. Note 1: robin is actually a replacement drive Seagate. My original 2 TB "roh" continued to drive read / write errors. I have today, "robin", which is the unit I am having problems. Note 2: I tried the other bases with "Robin" and the problem persists.

I have a Seagate GoFlex Model Number: STAE108 2GB external drive - that can provide services if necessary nr. Not only does it not turn down - but as soon as I can turn connect the power cord. None other than Seagate has started to rotate until the USB is connected. The time is set to 15 minutes - but never stops spinning when the power cord is connected. There are two problems with having this problem: first - the drive is not accessible when needed from constantly disconnecting and reconnecting itself, and secondly, it never stops spinning when not in use. This shortens the life expectancy, and not the environment.

Same issue here, a 3GB service connected to a MacBook Pro never fails to turn on itself, I have to drive to get it to stop spinning, then turns back as soon as I disconnect the USB cable from the MBP and only sits there spinning. It will not stop spinning after inactivity or when you turn the computer off and reconnect, even if they are "safely removed" Win7 Pro 32-bit. In any mode setting automatic suspension of the unit is disconnected and is not accessible on the network. Even when not connected to the USB drive still does not turn down.

I had this same troubleshoot and was using my USB 2.0 port on my computer because it is quite older and had no USB 3.0 port. I went to Best Buy and picked up a Rocketfish 3.0 USB controller with 2 ports (was $ 59 and I know there are cheaper ones if you look but I was tired of pulling the plug to get it off). As soon as I did, he sleeps as it should and goes off when I shut down my computer. I see that yours is 2 TB, mine was a 3 TB, but will hopefully solve your troubleshoot too.