Thread: Troubleshoot using Goflex with PC and Mac

Troubleshoot using Goflex with PC and Mac

I bought a portable 500 GB FreeAgent GoFlex and have used it with my PC without any problems. However, at school, I have to work on a Mac and I realized I could not write to disk. I tried to install the thing paragon, but realized that I had to go to the Mac, not on my record. Obviously, it can be installed on this computer technician says public and I have to reformat my disk. Is this really what is supposed to work? To say that he managed to convince the man to install the Mac driver for this one, if every time a new Mac use public (very plausible) that I can use my hard drive, which is not very practical ", compatible with PC and Mac "if you ask me. Is there a solution to my problem or I have to format it for Mac?

Re: Troubleshoot using Goflex with PC and Mac

Still need to install the driver on every Mac you use, it is not very practical. I'm running into the same problem so I'm trying to reformat my hard drive to work only with Mac and I'm going to buy a separate USB flash drive when I have to use a PC. Try doing more research on the Internet. We hope the information I have provided to you helps.

See, the problem here is not Seagate, but the gap between Mac and Windows. Hard drive every one will have the same problem; Seagate is trying to do something to help. If aid does not just get done perfectly in every situation, is not very fair to say that should not be advertised as Mac and PC compatible. After all, most of it is, but there are limitations. For example, if Ford announces a particular car as the mileage to 28 miles per gallon that you buy one, but determined after the second tank of gas actually has 27 mpg for you.

This product is advertised as easy, and everything is not. We must be able to connect to any computer (as all the storage units and millions of people have ever had) and be able to share files easily. This is ridiculous, and every time we ask for help led us to the same solution seems to be helping at all. And the only other solution is to spend another $ 50 + on a separate drive to use for each type of equipment. Now that is impractical.

I'll burn a CD collection in GoFlex my MAC. Once burned in, I want to be able to access the songs on my wife's PC and then be able to add songs to the collection of the PC. The unit must have write permissions for both platforms. Right now, I followed the instructions from Seagate is exactly as shown to allow writing to disk for Mac and PC. However, now I cannot create any folder or even move files to GoFlex (using MAC address, which is where I had the unit from the time it came out of the box).

The main problem is that the unit will not allow GoFlex drag and drop files to it from the Finder. I just got an error message saying you do not have the appropriate privileges to perform the action. I have no problem with the LaCie, but they both run Hipserv management software. I have about 300 GB of media files on the LaCie to transfer, so the use of Internet GoFlex load utility is out of the question.

Seagate has tried lots of different things to solve problems, to no avail. I'm still waiting to come back to me, since we have exhausted all standard solutions. Seagate could be a thing, but I wanted to see if anyone in the forums had experienced a similar problem with any network storage system. At this rate I'm going to take back and try WD GoFlex, but I fear this may be a continuing problem.