Thread: How to send GoFlex Desk 1TB in sleep mode.

How to send GoFlex Desk 1TB in sleep mode.

Hi guys I am using I have 2 GoFlex Desk 1TB hard drives and I am using this hard driver with my computer in which I am using windows 7 operating system. Now I am facing one problem with my hard drive. Normally my hard drive gets in to the sleep mode after every 15 minutes. Now from last few days I am facing one problem with my hard drive. Now my hard drive is not going in to the sleep mode. If I connect my hard drive with my computer and after that if I do noting for hour and hours and after that when check my hard drive at that time also it remain active. Please tell me how to fix this issue.

Re: How to send GoFlex Desk 1TB in sleep mode.

Well I have read your issue and I think you are facing this problem with your hard drive because any software like antivirus in your computer is doing any process with your hard drive and that is why your drive is not going in to the sleep mode. If you want to solve this issue then =you have to first check that whether your antivirus is not using hard drive and after that check whether your hard drive is going in to the sleep mode or not? I think you should check your hard drive by disabling the antivirus also.

Well I think you should check that you are facing this problem with your Goflex Desk 1TB hard drive or you are facing this issue with other USB device also in your computer. First connect any other hard drive with your computer and after that check whether you are facing the same problem with that hard drive or not. If you face the same problem with that hard drive also then I think there is something wrong with you computer setting.

I think you are facing this problem because in your computer you have not selected allow computer to “turn off this device to save power” option. If you want to solve this problem then you have to first select this option and after that whenever you connect your Goflex Desk 1TB hard drive at that time it will go in to the sleep mode properly. If you want to know anything more than please let me know.

In my computer I am using E-scan antivirus and I have checked that my antivirus is not doing any process with my hard disk it just scan my hard drive when I connect it with my computer and after scanning is completed It is not using my hard drive. I have also checked other hard drive with my computer and I get the same problem with those hard drives also. Now after that I have tried to search the “turn off this device to save power” option but I didn’t get that option./ please tell me where I can get that option in my computer.

I will help you to select “turn off this device to save power” option I your
    • computer. You have to follow these steps.
    • First you to right click on my computer and after that you have to select properties.
    • Now after doing that you have to select device manager and after that it will open the Power Management device manger.
    • Now after you have to click on the Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Now you have to select first root hub.
    • Now you have to go on the tab.
    • In this TAB you will see the “turn off this device to save power: option and you have to check this box and after that select OK.

Thank you so much for helping me as you have suggested in your above post I have tried that solution and I have selected “turn off this device to save power” option in my system after following your steps. Now after doing that when I connect my hard drive from that it is going in to the sleep mode properly. Now I am not facing any issues with my hard drive. I really appreciate your help.