Thread: Need help wireless mic buzzing loudly while using Audacity

Need help wireless mic buzzing loudly while using Audacity

I am facing problem with my wireless mic. Whenever I record my sound or/and instruments it gives nasty noise. Those glitches are recently coming. My mic was working fine before this problem. When I connect my mic to USB interface then there is no such a problem. And when I turned the mic off, I found that instead of a flat line i.e. no sound, I get a series of “BUZZ-no sound-no sound-BUZZ". Why this is happening. What can I do to solve this problem?

re: Need help wireless mic buzzing loudly while using Audacity

It may be due to the interference from other electronic devices. Any electronic device can cause you such a problem. Please check if there is such a device closer to mic. If not then At least one such a electronic instrument available closer to mic will be computer. Keep mic away from the computer. Try this it may solve problem.

Since mic is wireless there has to be receiver for it. To work it properly there has to be in correct frequency channel. Check mic and receiver are tuned in same radio frequency channel. Other problem you are facing is getting sound when turning of mic. It can be receiver is thinking that there is microphone out there but in reality its not. Since it giving noise even microphone is turned off.

Is the noise coming is feedback i.e. microphone receives sound from speaker. If this is problem adjust microphone level on computer. You can do this through System Tray. You will see icon of speaker. Right click on it. Select Adjust audio volume. Select voice tab. Select reduce its sensitivity. In voice recording section click on volume. change the setting as required. So it doesn’t give the humming. It can solve the problem.