Thread: Unable to recognize Goflex Desk after reboot

Mykola Guest

Unable to recognize Goflex Desk after reboot

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit on a Dell desktop. My computer will not recognize the 3TB FA GoFlex Desk drive after doing the reboot task on this system. This is to be happen when the drive is connected to the system and then the reboot will be happen. The drive will not be detect after this task. Windows cannot locate and firmware or downloads for this drive. Any suggestions to solve this problem will be appreciate.

Re: Unable to recognize Goflex Desk after reboot

I think this is the BIOS problem and hence the system will not detect the drive after rebooting task. Then you need to perform the update BIOS task on this system. This is the best and it will be help to solve the problem. This update BIOS is to be easily performed on the system using the online update task. This update BIOS of the system will update the version and then it would be work to solve this device detect problem.

The new 3TB Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk that comes with a USB 2.0 adapter is fully compatible with both Windows and Mac computers. But sometimes, it will be make problem in this system because we didn’t correctly connect the drive to the system. Then you need to just do the recoonect the hard disk to the system. This will be work and then the system will be able to detect the connected device of the system.

You need to restart the system, while restarting and press delete/F8 to enter in BIOS menu. The next step is to be choosing boot priority and hit the primary HDD as first boot device. This will be work and in the next step is to be un check the "boot other device" option. I think it should work fine for solving this problem. Then do this BIOS setting and see what happen onto the system. It really work to solve the problem of the system.

I have the same problem in my Dell Laptop. I use Windows 7 64 Bit OS on this laptop. I've already sent one of the hard drives back to the store. I do this task because it kept having power failures. Then you need to go to plug it in the system and then reboot the system. If it cannot be recognized, then you need to just use the seagate with drivers. This is the best and in the result, you can able to detect the hard drive on this system.