Thread: Seagate GoFlex 1.5 TB goes off-line during copy files on it

Seagate GoFlex 1.5 TB goes off-line during copy files on it

I buy a brand-new GoFlex 1.5 TB USB 3.0 drive and now I connect it to the USB 2.0 hub, with the Dell Studio 1358. Windows 7 Pro OS is running on it. When I try to copying a few hundred GB of files to it, then it goes to the offline. In a very few cases, the drive actually comes back without rebooting. Then it shows no folders or files within the drive. I need special solution that help to solve this problem. Thanks in advance.

Re: Seagate GoFlex 1.5 TB goes off-line during copy files on it

We buy the Goflex because of its potential adaptability. It was easy to setup, and has done its work without a whimper. Sometimes we need to use the simple process to solve this problem. Then just do the Reboot task by holding down the power button on the Dell system. Then see what happen on this system. Sometimes, it really work to solve the problem. Rebooting will be identify the new connected device of the system.

You might want to use the AHCI or SATA (IDE) mode. You should go to BIOS and set your Seagate back to IDE mode. Check your boot order in bios. It makes that drive appear to be a simple IDE drive. Windows already has built in the driver it needs for IDE devices, so it all works smoothly. Use this driver and then check that the external drive is working on this system or not. This mode is really work and it will be help to solve the problem.

If you really want to run in AHCI mode, you need to have a disk with the correct driver for that mode. Load that driver for your HDD and reboot the system. When you do this task, Windows should be capable to find the driver and load it. it can handle the HDD and in the result you can able to access the Seagate GoFlex 1.5 TB drive on your system. Then do this process and see what happen on your system.

I'm having the same problem and I try to run this system into the AHCI mode. Then it will not work and in the result, the same thing is to be happen. I get some information flowing about troubleshooting the GoFlex Desk series. Then I install the related driver of this disk and in the result, the solution work. Now it works without any problem. You need to use this and it will be solve the problem.

A large drive is preferably suitable for handling HD movie content, and Seagate has preloaded the GoFlex with 20 recent make public from Paramount Pictures. It includes a dongle for connecting purpose. If faced the connectivity problem then I suggest you to contact the service provider of this drive. You can also contact the expert person of the official site. It helps you to solve the problem. Then use this and solve the problem.