Thread: Connection dropping in Goflex 1 TB while transferring files

Connection dropping in Goflex 1 TB while transferring files

In my computer I have 160Gb hard disk and 2 GB RAM. I have recently bought Goflex 1 TB hard drive to upgrade my storage capacity. Now after that whenever I connect my hard drive with my computer at that time connects perfectly but after that when I try to transfer the files at that times it suddenly drops the connection. Please tell me what is wrong with my hard drive is there any case of having faulty hard drive?

Re: Connection dropping in Goflex 1 TB while transferring files

In many cases dropping connections can takes place normally because of the loose connection and that is why I would like to tell you that you have to first check that you have connected your USB cable wire perfectly at both ends. First check these things in your computer and after that check whether your problem gets solved or not. I hope this information will be helpful to you. If you need any more information then please let me know.

Well according to you should first connect your Goflex hard drive with any other computer or any other laptop and after that you have to check whether you are facing the same problem or not. if you get the same problem then I think there is nothing wrong with your computer but either your Goflex hard drive have some issues or your hard drive cable is causing this problem. Try this trick it will help you to detect the exact problem.

Have you tried to connect your hard drive with different USB port? If you have not tried yet then I think you should first connect your hard drive with different USB ports and after that check whether you are able to transfer your files smoothly or not. If you are still facing the same problem then I think there might be something and you should also try any other hard drive with your computer and after that check whether it is working properly or not. Hopefully this idea will be helpful to you.

Yes I am totally agree with the above post you can try to solve this problem by reinstalling the USB drivers in your computer and after that check whether your computer is giving you the same problem or not? I think after doing this you will not face any problem with your Goflex hard drive and you will be able to transfer your files without any connection issue. try this solution it might be helpful for you.

After trying to connect my hard drive with different USB cable wire also I get the same problem with my Goflex hard drive. Now after that I have also tried to fix this issue by connecting my hard drive with different USB ports but after connecting my hard drive with different USB ports also I am facing the same issue. Reinstalling the USB drivers doesn’t make any difference for me. if anyone facing the similar issue and have any solution then please help me to solve this issue.

I have gone through your issue and as you have mentioned in your above post that you hav tried all the possible solution and after trying those solution also you are still facing the same problem then I think there might be something wrong with your Goflex 1 TB hard drive and you have to contact the Seagate support and after that you have to ask for the solution regarding your problem. I hope you will get solution in Seagate support.