Thread: My WDTV Live Reboots randomly

My WDTV Live Reboots randomly

my new WDTV Live which is connected via Ethernet cable,It keeps restarting in every 20-30 second.When I switch it on it shows blank screen and then reboots with the WD logo.It happen randomly. Also at any point or hangs up after a few minutes any one have ideas?Please help me…..

Re: My WDTV Live Reboots randomly

I am getting problem, this is hanging since I updated the latest firmware . My WDTV Live - Firmware 1.05.04_V - Windows 7 pro (SP1) - XP pro (SP3) - Serviio media server but this was not happening before. This is probably down to the fact that it is a pirate rip and possibly non-standard. I Wonder about this bug in the firmware? The majority of video I play is 720p x264 stuff. I think this all is because of this new firmware. This is stopping me from enjoying the WD TV Live as everything I watch is interrupted.I think Downgrade to the previous firmware and see if the problem is resolved. Plese Anyone help?

Hello, Some days before I have nearly the same problem here. I bought the WD TV LIVE 3 weeks ago for MRP Rs. 9,990/- . Suddenly the Unit reboots and some times it hangs up after a few minutes. When i unplug the hd from my player and whatch over internet everything works fine. At the other hand, the hd works fine on 2 pc´s. Wish me luck and big thanks for your post in this forum.

Hi,
    I also ahve a Exact same issue with my Tv Live Hub. However I have never have this problem with the movies. The first time that have append was using the Services - Deezer, when trying to insert a singer name. I have tried different hdmi cables and optical toslink cable, problem remains. I have tried connecting WD TV Live through my AV receiver and directly to my TV, the problem still remains. It possible to make a Downgrade and how?plz reply? have you managed to sort out this restarting yet ? WDTV Live - Firmware 1.05.04_V - Windows 7 pro (SP1) - XP pro (SP3) - Serviio media server

I also faced this problem with the WD TV Live today, and i've had mine for almost 1½ year and never had this problem before updating to 1.05.04.I've run all my media over the network from a ReadyNAS NVX+, all different media formats. It happens completely random - even while watching small TV shows, XviD 200 megabyte pieces, and it always happens while playing 1080p/720p larger files.Also, I have this habbit of putting on movies before i go to sleep, and when i wake up, the WD TV Live is always rebooted - this never happened before.I saw some of the others talking about a UPNP problem, so I turned this off on my ReadyNAS - I dont know what else to do. Not much diagnostics available on WD TV Live

Gyz here is proper configuration of wdtv live. I have it setup on a Work network (make sure its not a home with a workgroup). I have the following settings in Advanced Sharing Settings:
    • Network Discovery - On
    • File and Printer Sharing - On
    • Public Folder Sharing - On
    • Media Streaming - On
    • File sharing connections - 128 bit
    • Password Protected Sharing - Off
    • HomeGroup Connections - Allow Windows to manage them

This way, on the WD TV Live, when I tried to connect to my computer over Network for Sharing, also you don't have to reset or change the username or password (leave user them blank) and it will let you log in.so just click on login. Now if you want share something, then for sharing the actual files, browse the folder (not a drive) you wish to share it. If you don’t wish to share your entire drive, I'd like to suggest you people mak a single "root" folder(like primary folder ), and now move all resources (files) which you wish to share to this root folder. Now Right click on this folder, click on Share With then go to Specific Peoples. i.e. you are now in "Choose people to share with" window now. You get a drop down list select peoples from it and give them Read permissionsto all of them. Now share it just by Clicking on Share and all done.

This problem has been driving me mad. I have switched off upnp - set the player to play and it did from 5pm til 8pm tonight, no restarts - and it is continuing to do so.Last night, before the fix, it restarted during a film 3 times and a tv programme once.ok to overcome this problem All that need is changing the UPnP settings in your Superhub, setting it I've increased that setting from 30 minutes to the maximum of 1440 minutes and haven't had the WD TV boxes crash sinceminutes makes the WD stable enough, turning off UPnP in the Superhub would completely cure the restarts - but I would rather not do that. Hope this works.