Thread: Want to use Passport Essential Drive but not the Software

Want to use Passport Essential Drive but not the Software

I like to use the Passport Essential Drive but just searching for some other software that will allow me to use additional options along with backing up specific folders. So I am posting this over here. If someone of you can provide me some software recommendation that can help me to do those then please post that here. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this question.

Re: Want to use Passport Essential Drive but not the Software

Yes, this is possible. You can simply uninstall the SmartWare from your computer and in place of that you can use the MS SyncToy. This will also provide you the same features along with some additional one also. I am not using that personally but one of my friends suggested me to use that and I am going to download that soon. So you can also try this and let’s see if that works better than the SmartWare or not.

I also want to do the same and have uninstalled the WD Smartware from the computer. Now when I try to quite the drive then it is not allowing me to do that. So I removed that directly but I can see that the little icon is opened in the right hand corner. I also tried to click the "Exit WD SmartWare" many of the times but that was also not working. So tell me that what I should do now.

Smartware Silicone Cookie Sheet can be the a good alternative for the WD SmartWare software. So search for this on internet and get more information about this. I don’t know that it is going to lead the SmartWare nin terms of features or not but it can replace the SmartWare from your computer. So it will not be a bad idea to give it a try and see if that helps you or not.

I don’t think that something other than then WD Smartware is going to work well for this. This is because the WD Smartware is specially designed to be used with the Passport Essential Drive and if you are using something else then you may have to compromise in a few features. If you want then you can try the above mentioned softwares but I don’t think that anyone of these is going to beat the WD Smartware.