Thread: Will 700w power supply would work for computer?

Will 700w power supply would work for computer?

Hello friends I have gtx 295 co-op and as you know as it is two 295 gpus in one card and I have a believe that 680 watts would work nicely for the computers but I want to know that is 700 watt ok for a computer would it work or it will be too much I don’t have any idea about it I have just heard that it can be dangerous and I want to know is it true please help me out of this please I want to know about the power supply to the computer?

Re: Will 700w power supply would work for computer?

Hello friend I think this is too much 700 watts is too much and even what you are thinking is ok that is also harm full for your computer I think the better watts is 3oo watts itself, and still if you have a high system then I would like to discuss some point according to that you can note down how much watts is required so lets go with noting down how much watts is needed buy every one so for AGP Video Card the limited watts is 30W - 50W, PCI Express Video has limitation upto 100W - 250W then average PCI Card has the limitation 5W - 10W then DVD/CD requires 20W - 30W then Hard Drive 15W - 30W for Case/CPU Fans needs 3W and then Motherboard requires 50W - 150W and ram requires RAM and then finally 1GB Processor needs 80W - 140W now add all of them and multiply with 1.5 and the answer is the solution.

Well I would like to share up some details over this I hope this would help you out a lot I think there is a different between usage of the power supply depending upon the size of system ok so if it is small Form Factor than it requires 15A (250W), is it is Mini-Tower - 25A which is around 300 to 350 watts, now if a Mid-Tower than it would take 35A about 400-500W, Full Tower would take 40A which is upto 600-650W, and finally if it is Dual Video Card (SLI) – than it would be till 60A which is almost 850 watts.

I would like to share my personal experience I have been dealing with what I did is to put a power consumption meter between the power supply and the output of my computer as a test. On average, my system was not taking more than 240W of power. This is well below the rating of my power supply. However, if you then play a 3D game for several hours, the maximum power consumption of 400 W total powers and I don’t think actually you need more than this because I have heard that 300 watts is more than enough. Does this mean that a 400W power supply be enough? Probably not having a large number of items that draw heavily on the 12V rail so that a 400W could have blood pressure problems.

Now, in terms of most desktop computers, companies are not ranking list of the PC power supply to your specifications. Typically, the user must open the case and locate the power supply label to determine exactly what the system can support. Unfortunately, most desktop PCs come with very low power and cost saving measures. A normal computer which is not with the dedicated graphic card would be taking around three hundred to three fifty watts. And when the graphic card would increase the watts would increase too. That’s why it is suggested that when you are using high graphic card then you need a good power supply too.

I would ask you to remember that everything we've been discussing means the maximum power supply. Probably not cent percent but one percent low at least of the time using a computer is not being used to its full potential and as a result, energy consumption, far less than the maximum. What matters is that the power supply must have enough space for those times when the system is heavily taxed. Examples of these moments are playing graphics-intensive 3D games or doing video encoding. These things heavily tax the components and the need for additional power.

Over this question i have some my own opinion which i think would be true and would be little bit helpful to you i think so its like 1 GB graphics card power required depends on the model of your graphics card. basically 450watt power supply for the cards is so basic, but if you buy a card as radon monster beast then there is 5770 different scenario. if you want basic game, then 500watt is good, but if you want extreme gaming, then you must buy at least 750 watts of power, i suppose this would be bit helpful for you.

hershey20 Guest

It means it is supposed* to be able to supply 700W to the PC components. If we assume 80% efficiancy (not terrible but not brilliant either) under full load it would be drawing 875W from the mains under full load. Under smaller loads it will draw less from the mains.