Thread: Vulkan SMPS 680w Made In Germany

Exclamation Vulkan SMPS 680w Made In Germany

This is my first post to the forum.
    Recently my Pc's power supply went dead. It was a cheap 450watt odyssey smps. Now I am planning to get a good quality SMPS for my Pc. The configuration is core2quad/8gb/1Tb/20"Led/2 external HDDs NO GRAPHICS or GAMES.
    I had zeroed on corsair 430w and FSP 500w models after reading some posts on this forum. But esterday I found this Vulkan? 680w, made in germany, dual fan.. etc etc.. SMPS on eBay. This product is tempting for the e price it is being offered(Rs. 2199 for 680w, dual fan, sleeved cables, german make). I mailed 2 previous buyers who have bought this SMPS from eBay and they are happy with it. BUT I cant find this brand Vulkan anywhere on the net, no reviews, nothing at all. Even the warranty seems to be handled by the importer only(Its a seller from nehru place who also sells ZINX brand products)

Can somone guide me if I should go for this Vulkan SMPS or stick to my original choice of corsair/fsb.

http://cgi.ebay.in/Vulkan-Proxtreme-...item2312828109

Re: Vulkan SMPS 680w Made In Germany

I found some information on the Vulkan Proxtreme II VA680W Genuine 680 Watts ATX SMPS. It seems that This brand of Vulkan 680-watt Black Case ATX Power Supply delivers an impressive 680-watts of power to keep your computing running for years to come. It features four (4) large 4-pin Molex power connectors, Two floppy drive power connector, four (4) serial ATA (SATA) power connectors and one (1) 6-pin PCI Express power connector to power your PCIe graphics card so that you can game to your heart's desire. It supports both 20-pin and 24-pin ATX power configurations (works with both Intel P4 and AMD motherboards) and also has both a 4-pin and an 8-pin EPS +12 Volt Motherboard power connector. So you could definately go with it considering its cheap rate.

Thanks for the quick reply ApPy10.
    This is the information given on the Ebay page. What about the official website of Vulkan. The name doesnt seem to exist on google.

Well, I think that the manufacturer of Vulkan SMPS are IKONIK. You can go to this website and check it out for yourself - http://www.ikonik.com/Vulcan/. And the model version of the power supply that you have discussed is also mentioned over there - http://www.ikonik.com/Vulcan/650-850.php

Vulkan SMPS 680w Made In Germany

no this vulKan seems to be different. May be its named as such to give the impression that its vulCan. The link you mentioned shows very superior quality power supplies which are 80+ certified. The one I mentioned is not so good.

bump.....bump...someone kindly answer.

Well, if there is a difference in both the psu that you are looking to buy, then I will only recommend you not to buy it, rather than in the end getting duped. Sometime you get lucky and get the genuine stuff out of the blues, but if you are not lucky enough, then I would only suggest you to buy from the well known manufacturer's like corsair which is available and sold in India.

ok thanks for the info.

ThumbsUp Re: Vulkan SMPS 680w Made In Germany

Dear Rajuns I am using this Vulkan Proxtreme 680w Power supply from last 1 yr for my Gaming PC and I never faced any kind of problems with it. Its giving enough power for my ATI Radeon HD 4850. The Power supply is very Silent and the dual fan configuration is efficient enough to keep it cool all the time. As per my experience its a good buy at the price tag.

Thanks for the info.