Thread: Star-USB3/SATA6 controller would be able to work with Raid 0/1?

Star-USB3/SATA6 controller would be able to work with Raid 0/1?

Hello friends I have been really upset thinking is this possible that the Star-USB3/SATA6 controller would be working with the Raid 0/1 I want to know this because I am having some setup like Star-USB3/SATA6 controller as it has both new technologies with that I am getting the disks WD1002FAEX and in this I want to set up RAID 1 and I think Chip Marvell 9128 would support that so please help me out of this buy suggesting something?

Re: Star-USB3/SATA6 controller would be able to work with Raid 0/1?

Hello friend I think this is a wrong controller to be with the Raid 1 I don’t think it is going to support the raid 1, I am saying this because I have been going through lots of the pages and all to find out about the raid support with the Star-USB3/SATA6 controller but dint found anything and nor my retailer is agreeing to that so I think this is a wrong choice and you should not try to make it support what it cant do go for some other choice search for the controller which would be supporting to the raid 1 level and go for that.

Well I too think the same I don’t know surely that this would be supporting or no but I think this is not a perfect match for this purpose and I have been searching on your query and was trying to provide with some option of the controller which you can match with the raid 1 level and while searching for this I found that MegaRAID SAS is the current high-end RAID controller’s series by LSI. I think you need to try this one out I think it would get over your problems.

Hey dear I would like to ask you a simple question about this that is there a anything written on the CD that you have received about the drives and the Marvell raid utility that it would be supporting the raid level 1, and the other thing I would like to talk about is the Star USB3/SATA6 has been working fine with the ASUS P5K Premium motherboard which I have been using from long so I think this would be a better choice if you go with this and you would be supported by it completely.

Yes friend I have been using this LSI controllers they are awesome I will say your search ends when you would be getting them don’t order any of them because I have been experiencing it and it has been satisfying me from long back and I am sure that you would really like this one and you won’t be looking back ever again, This would work with and best feature and provide you all what you want so go for LSI product just contact your dealer and ask about these controllers he would tell you which model is suited for you.

Hello friend I have been using Syba PCI-3114-4IR-01 PCI SATA Controller Card and it has been very nice not a single complain about it and I would like to suggest the best to someone when I can so I am suggesting you this one and I was in the same such questions some time ago but now I have a solution for this and I am telling you about that and I am sure that if you go with this one you would be the happy person for this so go for it and enjoy it.

I know that all products are designed Ezra DD3 for use with IDE drives and are based on data protection solutions from patented mirror technology DupliDisk Arco IDE. Our products come in a wide variety of sizes and shapes, including both internal and external Raid 1 IDE drive enclosures. Ezra Each device is designed to ensure that your computer and your business stay up and running, even if the hard drive fails. Ezra double units include two caddies caddy removable hot-swap drive is connected to the computer via an IDE cable. All Ezra DD3 controllers and enclosures Raid 1 uses a single IDE controller on the plaque. Once the device is installed Ezra, all stored data is sent to the two units while the units remain the same. If one drive fails, an alarm sounds and the remaining units to perfection take care of all maintenance operations on the system running.

Really nice to get so many help and i dont know how to thank all of you i have solved my problem by some of the steps suggested from you all but i am thanks full to every one because it was very nice to see so many helping comments and they were really letting me learn many thing so they were really amazing and i knew getting help from you all is a sure thing which i would be getting.